Freel Peak, Job's Sister, and Jobs Peak Loop

Freel Peak, Job's Sister, and Jobs Peak Loop is a 11.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near South Lake Tahoe, California that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The hike takes you to the summit of Freel Peak (10,886 ft) - the highest peak in the Tahoe region. From there you continue onwards to to Job's Sister (10,823 ft) and finally to Job's Peak (10,633 ft) before finally descending back to the trailhead. The hike involves a lot of elevation gain, and most of the time is spend close to or above 10,000 ft. There is now water along the way so be sure to carry plenty. The summits can be quite windy so a light jacket would be useful.

Just got back from this awesome hike (early June). The Tahoe Triple Crown was on my bucket list.

There’s still snow 0.5-2 feet in some areas which makes finding the trail difficult. If I were to do this again, I’d wait until late July or August. I got lost a few times which added unnecessary miles and anxiety to my trip. I had the gpx loaded on my Garmin that helped greatly.

Enter off Forest Service Road 051 — put the following coordinates in Google maps (38.7913412,-119.9328102). Definitely recommend an AWD vehicle with high clearance. If you’re hitting Jobs Peak first (counter-clockwise, I think people recommend that) drive to the very very end. The road does end. If you’re hitting Freel first (clockwise), park at the first round about.

Don't go counter clockwise! The Jobs sister to Jobs has no trail and very loose gravel. Took all of our energy :/

Great work out and best views of Tahoe! Go to Freel peak first and work your way to the others. Also go in the morning!!! We got caught in a hail storm on our first attempt and bring plenty of water.