Freel Peak, Job's Sister, and Jobs Peak Loop

Freel Peak, Job's Sister, and Jobs Peak Loop is a 11.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near South Lake Tahoe, California that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The hike takes you to the summit of Freel Peak (10,886 ft) - the highest peak in the Tahoe region. From there you continue onwards to to Job's Sister (10,823 ft) and finally to Job's Peak (10,633 ft) before finally descending back to the trailhead. The hike involves a lot of elevation gain, and most of the time is spend close to or above 10,000 ft. There is now water along the way so be sure to carry plenty. The summits can be quite windy so a light jacket would be useful.

verry hard hike when you get to the top and you get topit is worth it

a. hard traul with awesome vews did all 3 peaks i think the best is to freel peak to freel first an take polls is is hard getting down freels sister i would not want to go up

Only a few snowfields left up top, but easy to get around. Did this 06/27/2018, beautiful trek. I’ve done this loop starting with Freel before but today was my first time doing it counter clockwise. It’s definitely doable this way but comparing the two, starting with Freel and working your way toward Jobs is substantially easier. The trail up the backside of Jobs Sister is very steep and sandy, luckily it’s not a particularly long stretch but it can definitely take the wind out of your sails. All in all a beautiful hike and a beautiful day in the Sierras!

Just got back from this awesome hike (early June). The Tahoe Triple Crown was on my bucket list.

There’s still snow 0.5-2 feet in some areas which makes finding the trail difficult. If I were to do this again, I’d wait until late July or August. I got lost a few times which added unnecessary miles and anxiety to my trip. I had the gpx loaded on my Garmin that helped greatly.

Enter off Forest Service Road 051 — put the following coordinates in Google maps (38.7913412,-119.9328102). Definitely recommend an AWD vehicle with high clearance. If you’re hitting Jobs Peak first (counter-clockwise, I think people recommend that) drive to the very very end. The road does end. If you’re hitting Freel first (clockwise), park at the first round about.

Don't go counter clockwise! The Jobs sister to Jobs has no trail and very loose gravel. Took all of our energy :/

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Great work out and best views of Tahoe! Go to Freel peak first and work your way to the others. Also go in the morning!!! We got caught in a hail storm on our first attempt and bring plenty of water.