Learn more

Frazier Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clio, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 1.1 mi Elevation gain 82 ft Route type Out & Back

Wildlife

Waypoints (0)
Contact
Getting There

California Travel and Tourism Commision, P.O. Box 1499 , Sacramento, CA, 95812-1499, Phone: 800-862-2543

Directions from Graeagle: Travel south on Hwy. #89 for 1.5 miles and turn right onto Primar Forest Route #24. Travel for approximately 1.5 miles and turn left onto County Road #501. Follow the road for approximately 2.25 miles and veer left at the fork. Follow the road for another 0.75 miles and this will lead you to the picnic ground and trailhead. Trailhead T.21N., R12E., NW 1/2 Section 9.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (136)
Photos (100)
Recordings (90)
Completed (269)
Tara Boehm
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 10, 2020
HikingGreat!

This is an easy well maintained trail and should be visited on your way to a nearby trail. The falls and creek here are worth a stop.

BJ Zierolf
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 30, 2020
Hiking

Better in the winter... nice that no ones around given covid and it being dry

View BJ's Recording
Cassi Crews
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 29, 2020
Hiking

I wouldn’t consider this a hike but it is a nice simple and very short walk. Trail is completely paved. Couple dogs and everyone was super friendly. I took my dogs to go check out the water fall. It was completely dried up so that was disappointing but hopefully I can come back later this year when it starts flowing again.

Dylan Brooke
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 26, 2020
Hiking

Absolutely breathtaking and beautiful waterfall and scenery, but not a hike. It’s a walk and heavily trafficked.

Crystal Au
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 20, 2020
HikingNo shade

Trail was about 3-5 miles into a gravel rock road. No shade, the creek was stagnant and the water fall was dry. The hike was on a paved road.

Marlee Penman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 1, 2020
Hiking

Super easy short trail. Paved the whole way with plenty of benches to stop at on the way to the viewing point. I feel like it would be Ideal for kids and grandparents. Very pretty view of the waterfall at the end.

Kristen Soe
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 23, 2020
Hiking

A long drive and a steep, one lane 4 mile. It’s a short 1 mile round trip paved walk to a nice waterfall!

View Kristen's Recording
samuel shouse
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 28, 2020
Rock climbing

excellent spot climbed down to the base went as close to base of falls as possible nasty climb out be careful

Tara Shutes
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 27, 2020
Hiking

Quick walk. Paved. Beautiful falls.

View Tara's Recording
Elijah G
Gray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 17, 2020
Flooded

it was raining today road was flooded in two spots

Guinnavere Maher
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 9, 2020
Hiking

The most beautiful waterfall I have ever seen. It is about 100 yards to the bottom. Very short hike. Maybe .5 miles at best. We did find a geocache off trail from 2005 to date. We added to it, left a note on the notebook etc. very beautiful paved trail.

Cecilia Alvarez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 3, 2020
HikingSnow

Loved the trail. Still some snow on the way a up to the trail and just a little on the trail itself. The drive up the mountain is about 20 Minutes long. I brought my dogs and they loved it.

Tiffany Radtke
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 22, 2019
Hiking

It takes at least 20 minutes to drive from the Hwy to the trailhead, but it is a very easy hike with a well kept paved trail all the way up to the waterfall. It’s ideal for all ages and even pets too. The falls are so beautiful if you go in the spring time or early summer when the river is full.

Frances Cheda
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 26, 2019
Walking

Perfect short hike / walk. Trail is paved and in pristine condition! Perfect for little kids / elderly / wheel chair friendly too! It was getting evening time and I had my kids with me and no bear spray. So, I didn’t want to take the chance of a run in with my kids- and so, we’ll just have to come back again! We just went a little ways out and back! We could hear the falls when we got to the bridge and they sounded lovely- but turned around there to head back. If I was by myself I would’ve definitely gone- but I don’t chance things when I have my kids. Beautiful area.

Bonnie C
Walking

Nice little fully paved trail to the overlook. I imagine the falls are flowing much better earlier in the summer, but still worth the walk up!

Ashley CS
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 6, 2019
Hiking

Super easy morning walk enjoyed by everyone from a 2 year old to two 72 year olds. Senior dogs also managed it easily. Great views along the way. Thanks to the Lions Club and volunteers for establishing such an accessible path.

Austin Clymer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 3, 2019
Hiking

Easy walk on paved trail. The falls aren’t ripping right now, but still cool to see.

Preston Becker
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 6, 2019
Hiking

Easy walk for my 6-yr old twins and my 79-yr old mom. Paved and leads to a great view of epic waterfall. A nice add-on hike to our drive today, about a 30-40 minute adventure.

Patricia S
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 5, 2019
Hiking

Great for little ones! Paved path. Beautiful scenery!

April Wilson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 1, 2019

my soon to be 2 year old had a great time. He ran all it the way there and back. very nice paved pathway

Rebecca Pahler
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 24, 2019

easy great hike.

Cynthia Criss
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 19, 2019
Hiking

Great day trip from Reno, and the falls were putting on a show due to the increased snowmelt. Easy, relaxing hike!

Anita S
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 11, 2019
Hiking

Perfect trail for two old people!! The falls were spectacular! And we got to take the dog

Tim L
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 10, 2019
Hiking

Really enjoyed being able to take the dogs! Great short one, the fall was making its own rainbow

Erica P
Walking

Beautiful paved trail easy to walk or jog. The water was flowing and the sight was breathtaking! Quick walk to the falls. There was one spot on the trail that flooded but rocks to the side acted as stepping stones. The dogs loved it as well. Bathroom facilities at trailhead.

Paul Yotsuya
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 6, 2019
HikingSnow

My 15 year old son and I were looking for a quick, easy hike while on vacation in nearby Clio. With there still being a ton of snow here (1st week of June 2019) we figured the falls would be running pretty good. We got to the trailhead and saw three other cars. The trail is paved asphalt with plenty of rest stops along the way. It was 15 mins to the top, and we weren't disappointed. Spent 30 mins at the top then headed back. It was like Disneyland parking lot at the trailhead, so we were glad to get out of there when we did. Super easy hike anyone should be able to make. There's a pair of restrooms at the trailhead. Super well kept trail!

Philip B.
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 28, 2019
Hiking

Hiked to falls yesterday. Snow still covers part of road to falls. Parked 1 mile from trailhead and walked the remainder of the road without difficulty. Falls are beautiful as expected.

Dusty Pemberton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 13, 2019
HikingMuddySnow

Lots of snow still, but my 5 year old made it! We hiked the road, as the Frazier Creek trail was completely under snow still. The waterfall is BEAUTIFUL with all the melt water running. Worth every minute of hike!

Zol Maldonado
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 30, 2019

we have 4×4 since we live in Tahoe snow is bad but car didn't make it was dangerous we try to go over snow but scare to get stuck n no signal we decided to walk but my feet were getting cold ... walking time was 33mins but with snow n not having appropriate shoes we calculated like 1hr