Frazier Falls Trail

Frazier Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clio, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 82 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Directions from Graeagle: Travel south on Hwy. #89 for 1.5 miles and turn right onto Primar Forest Route #24. Travel for approximately 1.5 miles and turn left onto County Road #501. Follow the road for approximately 2.25 miles and veer left at the fork. Follow the road for another 0.75 miles and this will lead you to the picnic ground and trailhead. Trailhead T.21N., R12E., NW 1/2 Section 9.

Perfect trail for two old people!! The falls were spectacular! And we got to take the dog

Really enjoyed being able to take the dogs! Great short one, the fall was making its own rainbow

Beautiful paved trail easy to walk or jog. The water was flowing and the sight was breathtaking! Quick walk to the falls. There was one spot on the trail that flooded but rocks to the side acted as stepping stones. The dogs loved it as well. Bathroom facilities at trailhead.

My 15 year old son and I were looking for a quick, easy hike while on vacation in nearby Clio. With there still being a ton of snow here (1st week of June 2019) we figured the falls would be running pretty good. We got to the trailhead and saw three other cars. The trail is paved asphalt with plenty of rest stops along the way. It was 15 mins to the top, and we weren't disappointed. Spent 30 mins at the top then headed back. It was like Disneyland parking lot at the trailhead, so we were glad to get out of there when we did. Super easy hike anyone should be able to make. There's a pair of restrooms at the trailhead. Super well kept trail!

Hiked to falls yesterday. Snow still covers part of road to falls. Parked 1 mile from trailhead and walked the remainder of the road without difficulty. Falls are beautiful as expected.

Lots of snow still, but my 5 year old made it! We hiked the road, as the Frazier Creek trail was completely under snow still. The waterfall is BEAUTIFUL with all the melt water running. Worth every minute of hike!

we have 4×4 since we live in Tahoe snow is bad but car didn't make it was dangerous we try to go over snow but scare to get stuck n no signal we decided to walk but my feet were getting cold ... walking time was 33mins but with snow n not having appropriate shoes we calculated like 1hr

Paved the whole way to the falls lookout. Nice walk. Falls are dry right now but sure they’re blasting in the spring.

Nice walk. Best early in the year after the snow melts and the falls are raging.

Amazing! When the creek is running. Its currently not. So just a nice view. I was here in may and was very impressed my natures majesty that I wanted to bring my family. But no water this time...

My mom has mobility challenges, and was able to successfully hike this trail. The view from the top isn’t too great in late summer, as most or all of the snow has melted in particularly hot summer seasons. However, for someone unable to hike the other trails in the area, Frazier Falls provided my mom with an opportunity to take in the sights while also feeling safe and successful along the way. Huge kudos to the folks who designed and built this trail. We will be going back every year!

Nice quick trail. The falls and the creek are quite nice. Totally worth the half hour.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

This was a nice quick one. It has a great view of the waterfall which we caught in the late afternoon with the sun behind the falls. It is gorgeous at that time. There are great views of the valley driving up to it from the north side.

Sunday, April 15, 2018

I love these Falls! Beware though there is still a lot of snow...we parked a mile away from start of trail. Not by choice. Walked a mile in snow to trail head. I still very much enjoyed it! A few “trucks” got stuck trying to go further to trail. If you are up for the work out, go for it! We went on 4/14/18

Monday, April 02, 2018

Very short, paved trail to the falls, which are more of a cascade. Very pleasant, mostly shaded hike for those looking for a beautiful quick hike with lovely views of both the falls and the gorge below. Great for wheelchairs and scooters, though the last several yards to the viewing areas are not accessible. Our first time there was April of 2017, when the falls were roaring after a winter of massive snowfall, so I guess we’re spoiled now! Enjoy!

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Very short hike along a paved path but we had the place to ourselves and there was enough good snow on the ground for a good old snowball fight. All trails direction sends you up the main road past the Frazier Falls turnoff sign. that road is blocked. we doubled back and took the brown Frazier Falls sign turnoff. that road is a bit icy in places. driveable though. plenty of picnic tables and benches.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Agree, this is an EASY rating. It’s a short hike on a decent path with a nice photo opportunity at the end of it. A good one for those who are physically less able. Be forewarned it can get more windy / cool than is felt at the car park.

Saturday, October 28, 2017

There's no water flowing but it's a. Ice hike. Quick and easy.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Very easy, paved trail suitable for wheelchairs. Excellent viewing platforms. Summer of 2017 will be a great time to see this waterfall, with the huge snowpack and runoff.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

We tried to hike this trail Saturday before mother's day may 13th 2017 and could only get to a mile or so from the trail head due to snow. So we were not able to complete the hike.

Friday, May 05, 2017

Decent trail, but due to the Frazier Creek Road still being closed (May 4, 2017) due to 2-4 feet of remaining snow and several mature trees fallen over the road it was a 5-mile snowshoeing trek for me. Do NOT believe the "accessible year around" claim.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Perfect hike for kids!!

Friday, August 26, 2016

My husband and I found this hike while traveling CA 89! It's an amazing short 1 mile around trip hike! There is also a lot of opportunity to go off trail and explore the wilderness.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Beautiful trail, very easy, with the reward of a lovely waterfall and viewing deck. Must do early Spring (snow patches) through mid-summer (the falls dry up). The ADA accessibility is a unique element, obviously making it more crowded, but not at all challenging for hiker types. It's still worth it for all nature lovers and serves as a very inclusive activity. The only reason I give it 4 stars is because of the negligence of the dog owners as far as disposing of their waste. I was shocked at how many "baggies" and "piles" there were along the trails. Shameful!

Friday, August 12, 2016

Did this trail today for the first time...WOW!! WHAT A GORGEOUS TRAIL!" I highly recommend doing this simply enjoyable "stroll" to see the waterfall(best in springtime), you won't regret it. Bring a lunch, there are picnic tables and nice bothrooms at the trail head. Benches along the paved path. Great for kid strollers, wheelchairs, and slow walkers/small children.

Monday, July 18, 2016

We have done this trail 3 times. It is perfects for all ages, and is ADA compatible with black top trail. However, there are opportunities to get off the paved walkway and actually climb. Especially if you want to stand on top of the falls!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

This trail is great for all skill levels and is wheelchair accessible. It's a short, easy, paved path with beautiful scenery the entire way. There is plenty of parking, clean restrooms, and picnic tables at the trailhead. There are also a few benches along the trail. We love this trail and highly recommend it, especially for beginners and for families:)

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Nice, short, paved walk. It is better to see the falls in April or May while the water is high.

Monday, June 13, 2016

A nice easy, paved, wide trail that leads to a lookout of the falls. The falls was roaring when I went. Dog friendly. A nice way to start or end your day. Worth the trip down the road!!

Monday, May 30, 2016

Very easy hike with excellent views! The path is paved smooth with many benches alongside and railings guarding steep edges making it accessible to visitors of most ages and abilities. There are restrooms at the trail head.