Franklin Canyon Site Trail

Franklin Canyon Site Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Beverly Hills, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Sherman Oaks, CA: (Upper Franklin Canyon) Take Highway 101 / Ventura Freeway to Coldwater Canyon Avenue. Drive 2.5 miles south. At the intersection of Mulholland Drive and Franklin Canyon Drive (directly across from Coldwater Canyon Park), turn right onto Franklin Canyon Drive. Go half a mile and turn left at sign for Wm. O. Douglas Outdoor Classroom. Park in lot on left next to nature center. Note: to reach Lower Franklin Canyon, continue south on the reservoir road and Franklin Canyon Drive. Bear left on Lake Drive to reach parking areas.

I like the place, very near to where I stay nice place to spend time with nature

Never go here! There’s a stupid photo enforced stop sign at the turn to the parking lot. We slightly rolled through the stop sign and were sent a $100 ticket! We will never be returning. Most expensive hike I have ever taken. All for rolling slightly through a stop sign in a traffic-less area. GARBAGE! Screw you MOUNTAINS RECREATION AND CONSERVATION AUTHORITY! Not a legitimate way to steal money from your patrons. never again!

Do you like parking lots? Walking on paved roads? Pond insects? And unclearly labeled trails intermixed with traffic? This is the hike for you! Easy warmup trail lots of families definitely meh

If this is the same trail I hiked, I wouldn't call it easy. Probably more moderate since about 80% is an incline. We did the night hike for the equinox. It was really interesting - there are no lights so unless you have a flashlight, it's dicey! I doubt I'd do this trail during the day since there is no shade, but the view of the city at night is beautiful- especially without the noise of the city. Sadly we couldn't see the reservoir at night.