Franklin Canyon Site Trail

Franklin Canyon Site Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Beverly Hills, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Sherman Oaks, CA: (Upper Franklin Canyon) Take Highway 101 / Ventura Freeway to Coldwater Canyon Avenue. Drive 2.5 miles south. At the intersection of Mulholland Drive and Franklin Canyon Drive (directly across from Coldwater Canyon Park), turn right onto Franklin Canyon Drive. Go half a mile and turn left at sign for Wm. O. Douglas Outdoor Classroom. Park in lot on left next to nature center. Note: to reach Lower Franklin Canyon, continue south on the reservoir road and Franklin Canyon Drive. Bear left on Lake Drive to reach parking areas.

Gorgeous place to hike with dogs.

Great for kids

Upon getting there my wife, the dogs, and myself got lost trying to find the lake. We thought it was a trail but then a nice man told us take the road. It was a pleasant experience for our first hike back. Absolutely loved the turtles in the pond. There was one who kept trying to get closer to my dog.

I got a little lost getting there. I was lucky to find a nice lady who gave me exact directions to the trail! I loved the duck/geese/turtle/ fish pond!

It's okay, not very friendly people who walk these trails.

It's lightly populated almost anytime during the week, other than the cars Wazing through in the evening. The turtle and duck ponds are priceless. It's a half mile hike around big lake, and there are some other trails around it. It's small, but I can get lost in here for hours, leaving the crazy city life just outside the gates. As soon as you enter, it's a whole other world.

Loved the water reservoir.