Four Mile Trail to Panorama Trail to Mist Trail

Four Mile Trail to Panorama Trail to Mist Trail is a 11.9 mile point-to-point trail located near Yosemite Village, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and backpacking.

Point to Point

did it on November 1st. Yosemite Falls were dry, views still spectacular. Started at Camp 4 where the Yarts bus dropped me off, only met 3 people on the way up to Glacier point. Took me 2 hours including a breakfast break at Union point. Only met two people on the Panorama trail to the Nevada Falls, this is a pretty easy part. From the Falls towards the Valley it got busier. Took me 6 hours for 27km/17miles, did some detours here and there. All in all definitely a great hike to get different aspects of the Park in a single hike. Would recommend

Beautiful trail, with incredible views of the whole Yosemite valley. Way down is tough on the legs but definitely the right way to do it

My favorite hike in Yosemite. However I did it in the other direction, hiking up Mist Trail to Panorama, then down by the Four Mile trail. I find it more pleasant and the views more stunning this way.

Left upper pines campground at 5AM, was at glacier point at 9AM and took the shuttle at the four mile trailhead to the upper pines campground at approximately 11AM. I saw literally no one between Nevada Falls and Glacier point. There were heavy forest fires when I went so the view was a little hazy and there was a strong smoke odor, but it was still very much worth it!

I preferred this hike to half dome, although the cables at half dome are quite an experience...

Finally, I would not call this hike Moderate but Difficult due to the distance and elevation gain. Getting from illilouette falls to glacier point was quite grueling, and the hike down from glacier point basically exhausted any remaining energy I had left in my legs.

Friday, June 30, 2017