Four Corners Loop Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(67)
Chino Hills State Park

Four Corners Loop Trail is a 5.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Chino Hills, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation Gain: 807 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

This park is temporarily closed to vehicular access, meaning there are no parking facilities and parking on roadways is prohibited to protect public health from the COVID-19 pandemic.

This trail has nice views of the hills. We even got to see some wildflowers that started to bloom along the trail. It would be good to take the trail in a couple weeks when more flowers are in bloom.

Sun Apr 14 2019

Overgrown overgrown & overgrown It’s hard to sees the trail watch your steps

Sun Oct 01 2017

Great trail. Very dry though. We went into the canyon. Would do it again.

Thu Jul 20 2017

this trail requires entrance to Chino Hills state park ($5 fee) and in about 4 miles. We parked at the campground by the barn and took the Aliso upper trail. This trail started out nice, but became very narrow and overgrown. There is zero shade after you cross the stream. Definitely would take the Lower Aliso trail and Raptor trails in the future.

Fri Mar 24 2017

Hills for All Trail is closed and has been for a long time. Please respect the park and do some research before you hike an area for the first time. A lot of damage was done to the park by people looking for Poppies! They should never have been there. CHSP is a beautiful place to hike, bike, bird watch... but, please, please take care of our wilderness areas.

Mon Mar 06 2017

Great views, well maintained trails A+++... recommended.

Sun Jan 08 2017

Very pretty place and easy to get too! Very green because it rained recently and you get a view of everything!

Sun Nov 13 2016

great hike

Wed Aug 10 2016

I'm a resident, I can bike and hike directly into the State Park from my home, either via roadway to the main entrance or brush hike through Soquel Canyon. First off, the Hills for Everyone Trail is not the 7.1 mile loop that is being shown here, it is far less, maybe 1.5 miles, and it is an easy hike. This map is showing the Hills for Everyone Trail where it intersects at Four Corners, where Raptor Ridge, Telegraph Canyon, Bovinian Delight, and South Ridge trails all meet. Look at the map, and you will see that Bovinian Delight is listed down to where it meets South Ridge Trail, neither of these are Hills for Everyone. This map also has mistakenly named Telegraph Canyon as Bane Canyon. No, it's not Bane Canyon, it's Telegraph. You enter the park on Bane Canyon, which is paved. Hills for Everyone is a small trail that parallels Telegraph Canyon trail, and actually isn't even shown on this map. The northern most section being shown as Hills for Everyone is actually Raptor Ridge and Faultline Trails. This map is really so badly in error, I wish I could correct it somehow. With that being said, all trails mentioned above are fantastic for being lightly traveled and getting away from the crowds. We have met very few others on the trails when we have traveled into the park. We ride our bikes, and some of the inclines are stout. A good workout walking or biking, you are well rewarded by the amount of isolation and freedom. Bring plenty of water, it can get very hot and dry in our So Cal summers. There is potable water at the main picnic area at the end of Bane Canyon, which is the paved road that you enter the park on, and there is potable water at an overlook of Lower Aliso Canyon, which is near the end of Bane Canyon. Potable water also at the campground near Rolling M Ranch and the entrance station with the restrooms. Do yourself a favor and pick up a map at the ranger's entrance kiosk or at Four Corners. The trails are listed accurately there. Oh, BTW, this is not a dog park, contrary to what some may say or hope. Dogs are allowed only on Bane Canyon Road and in Rolling M Ranch and the campgrounds, on a leash at all times. They are NOT allowed in the Discovery Center building, in the backcountry or on the trails. You can and will get a ticket of sighted by a ranger.

Tue Aug 02 2016

the first 1.8 mile climb is harsh, but after that is great. Raptor Ridge is the funnest trail I've been on. It's even got shade

paddle sports
Sun Jul 03 2016

aa4w 232

Wed Mar 30 2016

Beautiful trial but not really safe for dogs. There's tons of fox tails in the paths but you can walk along the road to keep your furry friend safe. I pulled at least 5 fix tails out of my dogs legs. Saw a snake in the road too so caution is recommended but it really is a beautiful and nice long walk! Lots of people and safe areas to park your car.

Wed Feb 24 2016

We loved it!

Mon Jan 04 2016

I love Chino Hills SP. Its close to civilization but once you are in there it feels like you are far away. It isn't like the other big state parks, mostly grass with oak trees dotting the landscape. At first it seems like there isn't much wildlife out there,but if you look closely you'll see deer, owls, coyotes, hawks etc. Great place to hike and bike.

Sat May 30 2015

Still closed for construction. I would recommend calling before making the trip. (951)780-6222

Sat Aug 23 2014

This is a decent area to hike. Not a lot of shade so bring a hat/sun block. I was hiking alone and ran across one of the biggest coyotes I have ever seen. He followed me on much of my hike. Not sure if he was stalking me or was just curious. I would suggest if you are hiking here not to do it alone. The hike is hard but challenging enough to get your heart rate up on some of the hills. It's mostly dirt paths. not a lot of "trails" in the traditional sense.

Sat May 17 2014

Trail for everyone is currently closed. Check website for details.

Thu Jan 23 2014

I did this hike with a group of six others this last weekend and loved it! maybe I did a different trail though because we ended up hiking a total of 12 miles. (or maybe I did this trail on top of a couple others?) The group that I went with had done this hike before so they lead the way and I followed. :-) we were there on a sunday and their were a good amount of mountain bikers taking advantage of the trails and only a handful of other hikers spaced out intermittently along the way. There is a good amount of uphill hiking on the trails we took but the views throughout were amazing. It is a little dry right now but when you get down into the valleys and look up the skies are so blue and beautiful it doesn't even matter (at least not to me)! This was my third hike in California and I'm glad to be tacking on some mileage!! I would definitely do this again!

Wed Nov 06 2013

$5 parking, 2 hrs. 6 mile hike, gonna try to beat my time. Started my hike at the Rangers station. It was a gloomy beautiful day, saw 3 coyotes, which scared the crap out of me I also saw, what I believe was, a tarantula! Pretty cool! This trail has the feel of being deep in the mountains. Great views, although it was a cloudy day but a friend told me on clear days you can actually see the ocean.

Wed Oct 30 2013

Horribly ugly! I was mislead by the positive reviews I read on here. I saw no wildlife. 98% of the place is brown and filled with dead stuff. Don't be mislead by the pictures you see on here. You will hardly see any signs of life in real life. There were trucks and cars coming at me on the main hiking trail. It seems like it was beautiful in the past.. But it must of caught on fire. The whole thing is being remodeled and is under construction so I will come here again in the distant future. This place has potential to be beautiful but as of right now, it's not. On a positive note, it was a great work out because there are a lot of hills and its very tranquil.

Thu Oct 10 2013

A portion of the trail I took was overgrown but I think I deviated. I had to pay to get in. I think it was 5-10 bucks. You are not allowed to park on the road but a portion of the trail goes close to a neighborhood so if you map carefully you can hike in from their street. Saw Deer and a mountain lion!

Mon May 27 2013

Not easy but a very nice hike.

Sun Mar 31 2013

This trail is closed for construction, so bummed!!!

Sun Mar 17 2013

Took my daughters on 2/18/13. Plenty of parking but there's a $5 charge (we started from the rangers station). There's a moderate incline to start but once on top of the ridge it's a smooth, level hike. You're surrounded by rolling hills but no trees. Definitely schedule this for early a.m. (especially during hotter months)...enjoy!

Mon Oct 15 2012

Still closed until further notice as they are making improvements

Mon Sep 10 2012

It's currently closed

Sun Sep 02 2012

Rode this a few times and there is a lot of wildlife. Saw plenty of rabbits, lizards, a bobcat and almost ran into coyote when I was coming around a corner. Plenty of birds and a woodpecker. Not a lot of shade so make sure you have water in your camelpak. Not to difficult or technical but a fun ride for sure. Beware of mountain lions.

Sat Sep 01 2012

Fun to mountain bike. Though it is challenging, it is a great ride. I'd say this ride is for intermediate riders. Need lots of water as there is minimal shade. Along the ride I seen lots of rabbits, some coyotes and pretty decent size spiders. Stay safe and have fun!

Mon Aug 27 2012

Make sure to check the park website, the entrance is closed and there is a link to alternate routes. Unfortunately we showed up without checking and ended up going elsewhere.