Foster Point Trail

Foster Point Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pine Valley, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A short side hike off of the PCT with a nice view of the desert floor.

Out with Reba for a hike. Plenty of snow but great views.

Trail head is adjacent to the main road. Wide open areas. Great views. Trail connects to the PCT.

Friday, April 22, 2016

I liked it. The trailhead wasn't marked or on the Laguna Mountain Recreation Map, but it IS exactly across the Horse Heaven Group Camps entrance. We went a week after a Spring storm and years after the fires, so there were a lot of freshly snapped charred pine trees and tiny beautiful flowers with ladybugs and butterflies. There were a lot of felled trees but were easily circumvented. Otherwise the path is clear and easy to follow. The desert and mountain views are stunning.

Monday, April 18, 2016

nice easy path, no people and beautiful views!

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Hiking in Feb 2015 I was surprised to see most of the shrubbery and trees burned. I think the fire was in 2013 because some green was starting to show. Still, the hike is much different without much growth. The view off the edge of the cliff is amazing and a great payoff for a quick hike. I particularly love this little hike because it has special meaning for my husband and I. We have been coming here since before we were married....several wildfires ago.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fun, mellow little hike. Great view. Fun to do in the snow too.

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Monday, October 03, 2011

Surprising, beattiful view of the dry valley below.