Fortuna Mountain Trail

Fortuna Mountain Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beginners and newcomers should start out at Equestrian Circle. Equestrian Cir Santee, CA 92071 is the address you want to use if you are using Google Maps.

I'm basing my 5 stars on; 1) Length of trail (not too long or short), difficulty (got the heart pumping), and proximity to my work. My new favorite after work hike.

I really enjoyed the hike and was able to catch the sunrise from the South Summit. This is a nest of trails and I highly recommend carrying a map as well as gps (handheld or phone app) to navigate.

Nice hike with lots of wildflowers and scenery. Gets very hot in the sun because there is no shade. Bring plenty of water! Also, we saw a large rattlesnake coiled up near the bridge. It was pretty angry (rattling loudly). Luckily it was was under the bridge so we were able to cross with no issues. Watch out for those guys though.

I like this like, had to pay attention got off track coming down.

Love this local loop! Head up to the right for sure, lots of wildflowers and very nice views. Definitely strenuous, but doable for most.