Fortuna Mountain Trail

Fortuna Mountain Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beginners and newcomers should start out at Equestrian Circle. Equestrian Cir Santee, CA 92071 is the address you want to use if you are using Google Maps.

Great when there has been enough rain to keep the creek flowing and grasses are green. Ok when it’s dry.

Nice trip

Best part of this hike is going up the stairway to heaven and north fortuna. The rest is just getting back.

Some steep inclines, careful coming on the way back with the slippery gravel. Don't forget to sign the book, the box is located to the North Fortuna sign at the peak!

excellent steepness

Deffinatly a good workout with plenty of space, trails are a bit confusing but there are plenty of signs. Please if you see or hear a rattlesnake don’t stop to look for it, just slowly move on. Don’t worry, there’s a good enough amount of hikers that they keep them off the trail!

"features a waterfall" is disingenuous for most of the year, but it is still a long and secluded great hike. Deer present at times, which is nice too.

Bring lots of WATER you will get lost my app alltrails I did something and ended almost done with hike and got lost for about 4 miles I pick up a map on the trail and save my a..... great work out

Very nice ass kicker workout

A fun hike, just prepare to get lost. I ended up taking a wrong turn and adding several kilometres to my route but overall it's worth it.

Lost my sunglasses on the trail Sunday, august 6 before 9 a.m. Black Tiffany Prescription sunglasses if anyone found them.

This hike is ok. It's still feels pretty urban, but it's close to my work, so it will do the trick in a pinch. The terrain gives you a good workout. Not much shade, Simmons the heat on hot days and being plenty of water.

Great trail. Several other trails crisscross this one so you have to be watchful of the trail signs. I started and ended at Clairemont Mesa and did both peaks to complete my #5peakchallenge. I clocked in just shy of 7 miles.

Nice trail. Bring a lot of water if you do during the day (especially in summer). I drank 3 liters over 2hrs (temps were 80+). A hat is a good idea, too, as there is very little shade.

Also, there are summit logs! Bring a new notebook to donate if able. I'll definitely be bringing one my next go 'round.

欄

This trail took me almost 2 hours and 45 minutes. Great views and minimal traffic! I did see a few rattle snakes, a road runner and some lizards. One of the snakes was in its hole so watch out they can be hard to see.

My favorite hike in San Diego. I used to live nearby and hiked it twice weekly, it took me roughly 3 hours, and longer if in the middle of the day in summer. I've spotted large rattlesnakes, roadrunners, horned toads, Jeruselum Cricket, tarantulas and owls on this trail...much better workout and less packed than Coweles..often hiked during a weekday, seeing minimal people. =)

I did this hike yesterday. I strongly suggest that you bring a lot of water. It's really hot out there! I've done this hike before but never in the summer. The heat makes this relatively moderate hike into a very hard slog.

This trail is not what I expected. It is a great challenge.