Fort Ord Public Lands Trail

Fort Ord Public Lands Trail is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Seaside, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Moderately challenging. There IS poison sumac on this trail. I'm 99% certain I got it on my face from a spiderweb across the trail. I am going on week 3.5 and it's nearly gone. I hadn't been outside but to go on this trail, and I was walking this daily as my morning hike. It doesn't appear to be well maintained, like many trails in Monterey County. It's difficult to avoid brushing up against plants. I much prefer hikes in places where you can tell they support the outdoors folk, by maintaining the trails.

Beautiful trail with beautiful views. A little too high-traffic for me. Lots of people walking on Monday morning. We brought our dog which is allowed to walk off leash but there are lots of bikers so we really had to keep her on the leash the whole time.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016