Flinn Peak Trail

Flinn Peak Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Blossom Valley, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and rock climbing and is best used from November until February.

rock climbing

I really enjoyed this trail, once we found the correct way to go. It is very confusing as the trail is blocked by a fence. If u take a few steps past the blocked off area u will see a second way to the trail, go this way instead of continuing along the main trail as this is not the correct way, although we had a lot of fun exploring the surrounding area for a bit. The peak itself is pretty fun with lots of rocks for unique picture opportunities.

Good work out hike

Difícil pero me encanto si regreso!!!!

Make sure you wear pants and long sleeves! very overgrown and I made the mistake of wearing shorts. plus I hiked with my 3 year old in his carrier and still had to tell him to cover his face from the branches they were so big. steep incline in the beginning and very rocky so be careful. when you get to a plateau you'll see rocks to the right directing you to go down to the left. small path since part was washed out. met some ladies on the trail they told me there was a barbed wire fence but to walk a couple steps past to get around it they put cairns up to mark. you'll go thru a field and start going up and fairly steep but really sandy trail. at the top you'll see the cross and you can stop here or like we did keep going! right after the cross begins the ascent to the peak. it gets really overgrown here. a couple of cairns to guide you but the trail is pretty easy to see more so for the way down. at the top there is a marker and you can see a metal rod sticking out of some rocks. cool views. can still see the surrounding neighborhood. our favorite part was all the different beautiful butterflies at the peak and a geo cache jar. ps talked to a really nice ranger there and he actually warned me part of the trail is state managed land so technically were not supposed to hike on it so keep that in mind when you go fair warning

I loved this hike! It starts out with a steep fire road that is nothing spectacular scenery wise but is a great booty burner. You get to the top of that and it’s single track hiking the rest of the way. Views are incredible and the closer you get to the peak the more steep and technical it gets. At the top there are big boulders to climb on and we found a geocaching jar which was neat to add our names to. It’s not well traveled which is awesome, we only saw one other person the whole time! You do need $3 to park in the lot below the trail. I will be back!

The weather was beautiful, partly cloudy, saving me from walking in the direct sun all day. The walking was fairly easy through the many burned areas while the numerous fire-breaks served as ready-made trails. I did not see any wildlife, but I did see many deer and other hoofed tracks. The trail head is actually in the back of Flinn Springs County Park, but I entered crossing the creek near the Old Highway 80/I-8 overpass. Along the way, I found a 12 ft. wooden cross perched on a rock facing south-east and a geocache on the Flinn Peak Summit with quite a few log entries. Beautiful, beautiful views to the north.