Fletcher Point is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Escondido, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.8 miles Elevation Gain: 721 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: Please stay on trail as surrounding areas are private property.

Very overgrown in areas. Still lots of beautiful flowers blooming. Hiked yesterday.

This Trail is definitely worth doing again. you should know there is no sign for the trailhead and it starts on an easement behind somebody's house. 90% of the trail is well-manicured dirt. There is a tiny section where there are some plants that grow near or on the trail and a few rocks. Definitely not a difficult Trail. The flag of the end of the trail is in great shape and sits on a nice Rocky Mound.

Very fun hike! Lots of overgrowth the second half.

I like it a lot, it has beautiful flowers of different colors, the trail is very narrow and in parts almost closed by overgrown silvers. The views of the lake are spectacular. The end is a flag to take the picture and there is also a very funny swing. We started the trail by Piedras Pintadas. Total 8.6 miles.

Fletcher Point is beautiful and definitely worth the 6 mile RT hike. Be prepared for some rock scrambling and bushwhacking. But the view at the end is worth it.

private property

this trail offers lovely views of lake Hodges and is not overly challenging in terms of elevation gain. however, it is very narrow and overgrown with thorny plants. instead of doing the out-and-back, we tried taking an alternate trail and ended up on private property. please stick to the out and back trail, the other intersecting routes (and even roads!) marked on AllTrails and Google maps are on private property

I got a goood vibe from this trail. Lots of flowers and luscious scents

Was very quite pretty trail. We saw a rattlesnake right on the trail under a bush. Wasn’t very scared and finally went back under. We continued on the trail till it was too overgrown and with the snake sitting made us turn around and glad we did took the path around to the other side towards the freeway and it was beautiful.

This trail was great and the ending at Fletcher Point was beautiful. It runs along the lake the whole hike. It ended up being about 6.2 miles according to my phone. It took me 2.5 hours with a 10 min break at the flag. I think moderate is the appropriate category for this hike. After reading other comments, I thought it would be a lot harder. The trail was pretty easy to follow. It was overgrown at parts, but not enough to where I couldn’t follow the trail. There were a lot of gopher/rattlesnake holes, so I was looking down the whole time to make sure there were no rattlesnakes out. Also, it made me a little nervous bushwhacking through the overgrown parts. I would maybe bring a hiking pole. Overall though, it was great. The fact that is wasn’t perfectly maintained made it more adventurous.

We all feel this is more HARD than moderate. Very little shade. Some very hard areas. Was nice at the point though. Very challenging hike.

Overall a beautiful hike!! A bit brutal but worth it!! Make sure to bring plenty of water and snacks, It’s a wee bit more than moderate in my opinion. Took us just under 4 hours to complete. We did have children with us though. Nice views!

One of the best hikes I've ever done near San Diego! I saw a snake and heard a rattle snake! Lots of bugs, lots of beautiful scenery. Very thin path but awesome views! Would highly recommend, I went with a friend and we had a blast! We saw many caterpillars and there's a flag and a swing at the top of the hill