Five Deer Mountain Bike Trail

Five Deer Mountain Bike Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Clarita, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 5.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,125 feet Route Type: Loop

Great trail for a hike! First two miles good are for beginners, past that it gets a little tougher. Plenty of shaded areas for a quick cool down if you go during a morning. Offers awesome birds eye view of the reservoir.

Awesome trail. Trail is clear and not so bad.

Easy hike. No shade. Hike in early morning or late afternoon.

Narrow, overgrown, rutted and rocky single track with some very steep hill climbs. The terrain is a bit difficult to maneuver across in some places.

Cool trail but had a particularly crazy experience when I went. I suppose in May it’s hawk birthing season ... when I went to a large rock at the beginning of the trail I had some hawks dive bombing me and screeching because I’m assuming their nests were perched up on the rock. I dog got attacked shortly before this. Then I got stung a bit because I later found there were apiaries along the trail. Also the road there was a little crazy and I think my car was at a 45 degree angle at one point. Besides that though the trail was really nice just be careful.

Saturday, July 07, 2018

Nice big trail. Some steep downhill rocky areas. Worth the view

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

So, this trail was a hit and a miss. Some of that may be because of my own personal error. To find the trail head listed here is very difficult. When I followed the directions provided by the AllTrails App, I was led to a fenced off area. On top of that, there isn't much phone service out in this area, so I kind of had to go until I found what looked like a trail start. On the positive, the trail was a nice steep trail, with quite a few alternative paths that could be picked, and all with a BEAUTIFUL view of the reservoir. Hiking along the reservoir also provides a kind of cooler hiking weather. Honestly, I think this path is more for motor-vehicles. Still worth checking out though. Bring plenty of water though, because you will be cut of from civilizations and phone service. Last note, the drive up to this location was very nice though. Unlike a lot of southern California. I did appreciate the drive up quite a bit!

Monday, February 13, 2017