Five Deer Mountain Bike Trail

Five Deer Mountain Bike Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near The Oaks, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

So, this trail was a hit and a miss. Some of that may be because of my own personal error.

To find the trail head listed here is very difficult. When I followed the directions provided by the AllTrails App, I was led to a fenced off area. On top of that, there isn't much phone service out in this area, so I kind of had to go until I found what looked like a trail start.

On the positive, the trail was a nice steep trail, with quite a few alternative paths that could be picked, and all with a BEAUTIFUL view of the reservoir. Hiking along the reservoir also provides a kind of cooler hiking weather.

Honestly, I think this path is more for motor-vehicles. Still worth checking out though. Bring plenty of water though, because you will be cut of from civilizations and phone service.

Last note, the drive up to this location was very nice though. Unlike a lot of southern California. I did appreciate the drive up quite a bit!

very steep and muddy.