Fishermans Camp via Tenaja Falls Trailhead

Fishermans Camp via Tenaja Falls Trailhead is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Elsinore, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked this 12/21/2017 as a loop starting at the Fisherman’s Camp trail head ending at the Tanaja Falls trail and hiking the road back to start.

No water at the campsite but a lot of standing water down the trail but lots of solitude. It’s well marked but narrow. Very beautiful and quiet. Will definitely be a go to overnight trip spring/ summer.

This was our first time at this trail and we loved it! We hiked about two and a half miles in before turning around due to a few tired pups. :) The trail is pretty narrow (think single-file) with some ups and down, sometimes along cliff faces so be very careful with dogs and little ones; we clipped our dogs to us using their harnesses just to be safe. There wasn’t any running water today, just a few pooled areas that looked pretty icky, so crossing the riverbed was easy going despite there being a lot of rocks. However, there were a few river crossings just in the 2+ miles we hiked, two of which seem like they’d be pretty difficult to cross when the water levels are high and/or fast moving so be aware of that if you hike here after rain or snowmelt. Overall, this was a great hike with beautiful views...we’ll definitely be back! :)

Thank you Brianna for the directions. We found the trail and everyone ignore what is on this trail because the directions to get there are wrong and the direction shown in the trail is the opposite way and it's 5.8 on wat to the end and only .7 to the falls. I didn't check to see if fisherman camp trail was accurate with directions but follow Brianna and you can find. It's probably 5-7 miles past Tanaya Trailhead.

Love this trail! We've hiked it twice now, each time a little farther than before. We have yet to make it all the way. I love the stream that's along the trail. The constant bubbling is soothing and the only sound around besides the birds. The trail is well manicured. The trees and shrubs are a great cover from the sun and a great help since there's a few ups and downs, that will make you sweat a little. A great little workout for sure.

This trail is AMAZING! I love the falls and my dog loved it too! Not a very long walk, but it is half up hill with lots of rocks so you can easily get a good workout.

I tried this hike last week and got completely lost in a neighborhood trying to find the trailhead. At least with my experience, I would not trust apple maps to find this trail! Took me in the complete wrong direction!!

To get there, exit the 15 on Clinton Keith road and go west past the Santa Rosa plateau reserve. The road will curve and and it will say you are now on Tenaja Rd. Continue on the road and then turn right on Tenaja Rd, when it turns into a different street. Keep going then turn right on Cleveland Forest Rd. This will take you to the trailhead, but be careful! It is a long winding Rd through the canyon, which gives you some INCREDIBLE views! Just wanted to share how we got there because this hike is definitely worth the drive!

Happy hiking!!!

Fun little hike, we were lucky enough to see the falls flowing pretty good.

Tenaja Falls trail head is only 1.7 mies in and the same back out. Its very rocky and you have to cross the stream.

Great easy trail! You do have to cross a stream to get there keep that in mind. Just a little too popular for my liking.

Loved this place!!! Great hike! Very beautiful! Just went yesterday! Water flow on the falls was great!!!

a very nice hike.. path/trail sometimes disappeared, but as long as you know where the water is flowing, all you have to do is keep going "up stream".

Beautiful hike

Excellent first time out using this app. Starting from Fishermans Camp Trial, to Tenaja Falls trail all the way to the falls and then walked the road back to Fishermans Camp parking lot because we were running short on daylight. Trails were beautiful, expect more people the closer you get to the falls. I'll explore more of the canyon downstream next time, some nice spots down there. Had a great time, beautiful day! PLEASE PACK IN/PACK OUT!

hiked in and out with 5 kids...river crossing is a bit difficult for kids and you will most likely have wet feet.

Beautiful hike during Jan and Feb. Just remember that the trailhead is not the same as the trailhead that takes you to fishermans camp. Enjoy the falls and pack out what you pack in.

nice hike this time of year, the fall is full of water and flowing.

Easy and fun for the kids. I took my 1.5 year old son and he hiked in most of the way by himself. Bring water and a snack to sit and enjoy at the end of the trail.
be careful next to the edge of the waterfall.

just from an outdoorsman artist point of view.

amazing time out here in the hills!

Great Hike loved the scenery!! Be back for certain!

go a couple days after the next rainstorm. The creek can rise pretty high immediately after, so give the water time to settle. The falls were beautiful. it's been a long time since they've been so full. I'd bring along a walking stick or trekking poles as it'll help you cross the creek. Remember to leave no trace and pack out what you brought in. Happy Hiking.