Fish Canyon Falls Trail [CLOSED]

Fish Canyon Falls Trail [CLOSED] is a 7.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Duarte, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.5 miles Elevation Gain: 3,038 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

historic site

Trail has been closed indefinitely due to fire damage. http://www.accessduarte.com/howdoi/find/fish.htm

This trail is still closed BS. Than need to rebuild and reopen this trail. It’s been over two years already.

I loved this trail .. too bad the fires ruined it . The waterfall must be really beautiful this year, since when I went we were in a drought.

Such a great hike to beautiful falls. Too bad it was so damaged by 2016 fire and subsequent heavy rain. I hope the city will repair it at some point, but I am doubtful because if the severity of the damage.

was the best back in the mid 90's

Thanks for the update, Tyler!

Decided just to walk into the gate of the mining company, knowing I'd be stopped by security. Soon as that happened I asked if I could speak to whoever was in charge to ask some questions about the trail. Spoke to the manager of operations where he explained the fire and why it's closed, but also the city hasn't made any effort to fix the trail and probably won't by how bad it is. I asked for him to take me as far as he can with supervision, just so i can see the trail because i own a landscaping company and I'd love to fix it for free just to open it back up (I dont though shhh.) So he brought me as far as he could take me, the trail is severely messed up, had to use ropes to get across some areas, making it nearly impossible to get to the Falls and extremely dangerous with 20-30ft shear drops on un-stable ground. My best advice is to not even try a way around or even going when they're closed. It's way too risky. Also they believe this trail will be permanently closed. Sorry Everyone :(

Love the hike!! Was just wondering if anyone would know if the trail is open

Thu Jul 05 2018

Beautiful hike plenty of shade too...

Sun Feb 18 2018

I love this trail , also one of the best I’ve hiked in So Ca.. Very beautiful with so much vegetation. The creeks during the rain or right after is the best. It plays a great part for a more marvelously flowing waterfalls. Four tiers of it makes it magnificent.Watch out for cactuses though they’re everywhere. Trails are a bit narrow if you’re afraid of heights or falling stick to your left at all times. Parking is free! But unfortunately this trail has been CLOSED for nearly two years to be exact. I am totally waiting for it to reopen.

Tue Jan 30 2018

Loved this trail too bad it’s closed hopefully someday it’ll reopen

Sat Oct 28 2017

How are you guys getting on the trail?

Sun Sep 24 2017

How did Chuck get in? Did he trespass?

Fri Sep 22 2017

Really fun hike when the creek is running high. Wonderful scenery along the trail. Highly recommending this hike.

Sat Sep 09 2017

This is closed as of 9/9/17

Fri Aug 11 2017

Trail has been closed indefinitely. http://www.accessduarte.com/howdoi/find/fish.htm

Mon Jul 31 2017

does anyone know if they re opened the trail?

Mon Jul 10 2017

We hiked this the day after the trail reopened. The trail was poorly maintained, and there was no water in the falls.

Tue Jul 04 2017

I miss this place. whay close

Sat Jun 03 2017

loved it!

Tue Jan 31 2017

great trail with lots of water and beautiful waterfalls at the end.

Thu Oct 27 2016

This trail is posted closed until September 7, 2017.

Mon Sep 05 2016

This is one of my favorite trails in San Gabriel Valley.

Mon Aug 15 2016

The trail head is a little hard to find and not well kept when u start out. The beginning of the trail is the greatest elevation gain and will kick your butt if your not used to hiking, make sure and save some energy for going up it on the way back! The trail was cool, a little boring but did have a nice waterfall at the end. The one downside to the trail was the ticks, I had about 3 or 4 on me about half way through.

Wed Jun 29 2016

I'm distraught that this trail has been destroyed by the fire. It was one of the best waterfall hikes in Socal.

Fri Jun 24 2016

The trail has been consumed by the San Gabriel Complex fire (all of it).. No report yet as to when it will re-open, but it will be months if not years. This is truly devastating

Tue Jun 21 2016

It really is an intermediate hike. It takes me about 45 mins nonstop to the end and 30 mins for return (faster if I jogged). I would take an elevation mask for a more intense hike. The waterfall is nice treat when you make it to the end, though only runs during wet season.

Mon Jun 20 2016

Hopefully this trail will not close because of the fire. If someone could provide an update.

Mon Jun 20 2016

Nice trail- app is way off about the distance- it's posted as 2.6 miles to the falls, each way- not sure where 8 came from- but this app is almost always wrong when it comes to distance!

Sat Jun 18 2016

really enjoy this trail i go with my son who is 13, and there is shade and cool breezes that make it refreshing. it is a moderate hike.

Fri Jun 17 2016

Easy for the family and has a gradual incline. Please watch your kids, trails are not wide.