Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started
EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Figueroa and Cottle Loop Trail

Figueroa and Cottle Loop Trail is a 9.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Jose, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A loop hike that explores the wonders of Calero Reservoir County Park. This hike offers views of the reservoirs as well as some vertical elevation gain to great overlooks of the surrounding park. NOTE: the Chisnantuck Trail will be closed until Spring 2018, so you may not complete the full loop at this time. check here for updates: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/parkfinder/Pages/Calero.aspx

Lots of trail options but very muddy after all the rain we’ve had. Views were terrific. Make sure to have appropriate shoes as you may have to cross some pretty full creeks. Wouldn’t say it’s a “hard” trail, some good climbs but not overly difficult, we would classify as more moderate.

Hiked most of this trail mid May, great hike, didn’t run into too many other people. Take water, there is little to no shade and it gets hot. When we returned to our car, our windows had been smashed and our belongings stolen. A woman pulled up and said this happened to her at another nearby trail a month or two prior. I would love to hike this trail again, but can’t risk my car being broken into again.. hiker beware! Do not leave anything in your car!

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Check the map ahead of time and plan around the construction. A section of the loop is closed and I do not recommend going through that area as it is a hazardous trail with lots of new poison oak growth. The trail system is quite extensive though, and you may be able to find an alternate loop with the trails that are open. Otherwise it was a great hike. About 3-3.5 miles in I started to feel some distance from civilization, with only the occasional airplane sound reminding me that I was close to town. There were some truly stunning moments in Oak Savannah type landscape. I saw a bobcat, woodpecker, and heard something that sounded like wild turkeys. A great option if you’re looking to get to a quiet place in the woods without many other people.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Beautiful and excellent trail run

Monday, December 04, 2017

Great views from the Bald Peaks Trail. However the Chisnantuck Trail is closed due to construction until spring 2018 and it's not possible to complete the loop.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Took around 4 hours at a moderate pace with a few breaks. The ascent isn't as difficult as some of the other hard trails. There are some good views of the reservoir from atop the bald peaks.

Monday, May 01, 2017

Good balance of flat and slope areas. Very nice view of the valley and city with many wild flowers in the spring. I will definitely do it again.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

It was a beautiful hike . There were lot of flowers blooming. Trail was well marked . We went clockwise . There were some places which where having pretty steep climb . It was a good workout .

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Lots of people on weekends, but only on the small loop. Great trail if you hit the back of the park!

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Rather a moderate run and obviously better suited for cold weather (like today) than hot. Very few people too.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Pros: Lots of hills, so you definitely get a good workout. Not very trafficked at all on a weekday morning. Cons: I'd say about 90% of the area has absolutely no shade. I'd probably save this one for fall when it's cooler. I also found the trail signage and map to not match-up in a lot of areas.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Great hike and beautiful scenery. Was a great workout!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Great hike! The journey through this area was tedious and definitely worthwhile! I went by myself but think its better in a small group! Careful for the incline, there's a lot of them :)

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Great trail, great views. Looking forward to walking the whole trail next time.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

beautiful wildflower hike. great views too.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Nice hike here with my son. Good elevation gain to challenge him a bit.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Bikes are not allowed on this trail

recorded Calero Park South Figure 8