Fickle Hill Grade #9, Big Rock Trail #4 and Meadow Trail #3 Loop is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Arcata, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Great hike. There are some hills so would not recommend for true beginner, but relatively easy overall and the scenery is continuously breathtaking. Cool breezes are a plus, too.

coming from Ohio, it was a game changer

My wife and I hiked up trail #1 and then #8 and #9. Overall we hiked about 6.5 miles. Very beautiful and relaxing hike, some of the trail was what I would consider a moderate slope, but nothing too hard. I pushed our 2 year old daughter in a jogging stroller the entire time and there was some uphill portions that were a little strenuous but overall great hike. Saw a lot of joggers, bikers, and hikers. Worth the trip to Arcata to hike!

My wife and I enjoyed this trail. The trail was being renovated about 3 miles in so our hike turned into a 6.5 mile hike. I love walking among the California Redwoods. I reserve the 5 star rating for something that blows me away but I highly recommend this trail to anyone in the area of Arcadia California.

Beautiful trail you wouldn’t know was there unless you were searching out a place for a peaceful hike.

Great running area!

Absolutely gorgeous hike with many trails to choose from!!

Enjoyed the day. Kids, dogs and even a couple of goats.

Beautiful hike and easy access. Lots of banana slugs and birds!

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Fun hike! Hardly any elevation gain, made it an easy hike with my dad on the weekend when he came to visit.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Great hike, nothing too tough but steep enough in places to offer a challenge. No potties from the Arcata trailhead. Gorgeous redwoods, quiet and relaxing.

Monday, September 18, 2017

Beautiful young redwood forest, lots to do in the park. Hike, bike, horseback... kid friendly park with bathroom amenities.

None of the trails are too steep and parking is ample.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Wish I had this park behind my college

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Decent trails, but without a mapping application it would be very easy to get off track or lost. It's a large web of trails and absolutely nothing is well marked.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Nice place to go for a walk and see some big trees. There's a nice frisbee golf course. The dog loves all the smells.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

It's a beautiful forest filled with redwood trees and ferns. Short trail.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

beautiful trail. trails not marker well. Directions need to be updated.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Awesome for a quick hike and see some redwoods. Not to bad when it's wet either. there's frisby golf there to.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Lots of different activities for the whole family. Trails of different lengths for walking, running, biking, and even horseback riding. Dog poop bags and trashcans are located at certain trail entrances for convenience. It is backed up next to a park with a playground, rental buildings, restrooms, and picnic tables all on a very spacious area where movies are played for the community during the summer time.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Like an enchanted forest!

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Trail is an easy walk in the woods however the locals like to use it as a place to smoke marijuana which ruins the hike and fresh air.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Nice & easy. Surrounded by beautiful tall redwood trees & ferns. Relaxing.. Benches near little streams. My pug walked the entire loop!

Saturday, May 16, 2015

I have been to this trail twice and it is just a beautiful trail....we stayed on #8 all around. I took my family there the second time around and hiked the whole trail and they loved it....even our dog Buddy was enjoying it

Friday, May 08, 2015

Gorgeous area, just wish everyone would keep that way! Been here several times, and cannot help but to notice more and more trash and 'campsites' set up. Beautiful trees, and the trails are remarkable. There's also a disk-golf course here too! Be prepared to see tons of trees, fungi, a lot of pot-smoking, and the occasional random ox hanging out with a home-less man.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Great hike through the redwoods with kids and dog. The trail is actually a series of smaller trails interconnected. Luckily I took a pic of the trail map before leaving the parking lot (which is at the end of Park Drive) or we would have gotten lost. The trails are all numbered so you can go for as long or short a hike as you want.

Friday, July 18, 2014

This is a great family hike. You can have people of all ages on this hike. There are also a lot of opportunities to observe nature.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Great views and wildlife.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

This is a very beautiful hike, especially if you get out to the back trails like trail/road 11. Trail 4 is my favorite part, it is steep and has gorgeous streams and some nice rocks to climb, or just sit on.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012