Fern Lake Trail

Fern Lake Trail is a 3.2 mile out and back trail located near June Lake, California that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful hike to a gorgeous waterfall and onto Fern Lake. We took our 5 and 7 year olds on this hike. It was tough but worth it!

Awesome short workout! Great views near the top...worth the climb. We did not pass anybody on the way up and only 2 people on the way out : )

Short and lots of work but worth it.

Great views

Beautiful scenery...dog friendly

Heaven

great fishing

Not an experienced hiker yet! Went with some friends and one of their dogs helped pull me up lol. Beautiful views up there, I had to take many breaks but I made it up. It was pretty windy at the top, got chilly. Careful on the way down, there's loose little rocks in some places and I slipped and skinned my knuckles.

Great hike!

Steep! But I'm pushing 50 and I made it. I was the first person up to the lake this morning and I had it all to myself. It's jaw dropping beautiful. It's worth the effort. I even saw deer on the way up. I didn't use my hiking stick on the way up but on the way down it provided an extra measure of safety, I was glad I had it with me. I stopped a few times, I felt the altitude, I live at sea level. But I made it!

Amazing hike today! Views insane.. 2/3 of trail covered with snow & gorgeous.