Fern Creek Trail to Lost Trail to Ocean View Trail Loop

Fern Creek Trail to Lost Trail to Ocean View Trail Loop is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mill Valley, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Starting at the visitors center, take the boardwalk into Muir Woods to where the Fern Creek Trail splits off. Follow that until you get to the Lost Trail and take a right. When you intersect the Ocean View Trail take a right and it will take you right back to Muir Woods.

Beautiful. Easy. Quiet. Away from the crowds.

I did this trail with my daughters (15, 9). It is beautiful and peaceful away from the crowds. With kids, I am glad we went CCW around the loop. It is a steep climb the other way, and other families we met at the top were exhausted. The CCW loop is a nice steady climb up. The higher elevations of this trail give nice views, and it was a beautiful hike. However, you don’t need to go all the way up if your main goal is to see the redwoods. I am going back with my other 2 daughters, and will do it a little differently. I will start the CCW loop, but only climb 10-15 minutes to get a view from above. I will then go back down, and walk the Redwood Creek Trail to bridge 4 and return on the hillside trail.

Great quick easy walk for a Sunday afternoon. Would do again for sure.

One of my favorite loop trails in Muir Woods. I’ve hiked it about 4 Times now.

Easy, quiet hike away from the crowds.

I only ran the final stretch near the Mount Tam summit, but I love it. It’s very steep but being able to always see your destination was helpful and motivating.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Easy, light walk.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Absolutely gorgeous trails! Get there early as parking is hrs to find later in the day

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Fresh air gives you the strength the make the climb - took about 2 hours

Monday, October 03, 2016

The most serene of the trails I visited while two days in Muir Woods National Monument. I highly recommend for those who want an easy hike with a focus on the beauty surrounding them! Many others trails were beautiful, but this, to me, was the most beautiful...and not too many people were on it both times I hiked it.

recorded muirwood