Vous voulez AllTrails en français?
Changer le langue

Falls Trail to Monrovia Canyon Park Trail

Falls Trail to Monrovia Canyon Park Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Monrovia, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

partially paved

This is a forked hike into two canyons. The mushrooms around the rocks with the little meadows, and the waterfalls and creeks provide a sense of wonderment. $5 parking fee

It was a nice short hike but highly trafficked on the weekends.

this is a fun hike lots of shade and the stream is running pretty good right now and the waterfall looks great we saw quite a few people but this is a great time to do this hike lots of greenery and butterflies

great trail

nice walk

First time going there. It was really a good experience. I really want to go back and probably take a different route this time. You can admire the beauty of nature and maybe the experience to see a bear!

Nice-easy hike.

Serene.

First time. Well maintained, well marked trails. Lots of shade. Nice elevation climb. Good stuff.

Great small hike, I just don't understand the loud music. Why don't you drive your obnoxious cars with the loud exhaust and play your music loud then.

My favorite place to get a quick hike in. But it is definitely not 5.8 miles, this info should be corrected. 3 miles round trip if you hike from the bottom parking lot and maybe 1 mile if you hike from the top parking lot. Too crowded on the weekends and a bit dangerous with young children and narrow trails. I also wouldn’t call it easy if starting from the bottom, moderate compared to Eaton or Sturtevant Falls.

I've been on this trial many times and never found any trouble, yes there are animals but you are in there environment, the only thing that is a lil surprising is that the app does not show MTN biking on here.

Great

I'm giving this hike five stars even though it's short we saw bears and a great double waterfall and plenty of shade I highly recommend it and a lot of really friendly people

Nice and easy

A great diverse trail. Kids had fun.

Super easy trail - very busy - you're not going to run this unless you get there before everyone else -

Encountered not one, but TWO bears on this hike with my friend and pitbull! Was very scary. Never hiking here again, considering I had been here and skipped out on the hike a few days ago while with family and nephew at 3 years old. A woman down towards the parking lot mentioned a mom and baby bear around lately and said we were "VERY LUCKY" to get away from those bears without being chased down. Not safe. Beautiful scenery but not worth the scare.

It’s very beautiful. Went with my kids and they had a great time.

We went after a rainfall, smelled super earthy and everything was so lush. Waterfall was running, great hike!

Has a chill vibe go it. Green and calm with a nice little waterfall. Went on a weekend morning and it was quite crowded. Would recommend going on a weekday.

This is a beautiful, family-friendly hike with plenty of shade, and can be lengthened depending on where you park.

This is a simple and enjoyable hike within Monrovia City Limits. The price to park is $6 cash on weekends and $5 cash on weekdays. We live a few miles away so sometimes we walk from our home but other times we like to support the city and simply park and pay. We’ve ran the trail from the lot to the falls in 12 minutes, jogged in 15 and walked at a slower pace at 20 minutes. The trees and environment are very similar to Oak Creek in AZ and the trail is not too crowded if you get there around 7 am or around 4 in the afternoon.

Beautiful place but a lot of bugs, swarms. Be on lookout for rattle snakes, we came upon one in the middle of trail and he wouldn't let us pass, very aggressive. Didn't want to chance it with grandson, so we turned around. He of course was just as excited to see snake than falls.

I have not hike in LA for a while, so I was exciting to explore the new trail in my hiking list. Surprisingly to find out that this trail has a lot greens than usual, which was very nice! 90% are under shades so don't worry to be sunburns or anythings. Waterfall is kinda small but still nice. Because is a dog friendly trail, the waterfall area became like a dog show event stage too!

This was our first hiking trail and we loved it!

The weather was pretty nice. Most of the trails covered with shades and not a difficult trail. Dog Friendly.

I’m not sure which trail I took, but it wasn’t 5.8 miles. I only got 4.3 miles in. Parked on the residential streets to save $5 on parking. Some parts of the trail are narrow, but the hike overall was easy peasy.

Monday, February 19, 2018

Great hike for the family! The small waterfall is perfect for little ones to play in. Some rocky paths so wear good shoes.

Thursday, February 08, 2018

I took the trail to the waterfall on 2.6.18 and there was a nice flow. The Park is closed to traffic on Tuesdays, but you can still come to walk the trails. Trail is excellent and has shade for 90% of your adventure. Moderate grade, but it’s broken into manageable segments. I recommend you start on the Bill Cull trail then meet up with the canyon trail. It’s much better than walking on the pavement without shade.

Monday, January 15, 2018

Great trial with the family, friends, small kids, and dogs. It takes us two hours to walk all the way up to the waterfall and come back, and totally 2 miles. Most of the trial cover the shade. Parking is six dollars for holiday and weekend.