Falls Creek Trail is a 12.2 kilometer out and back trail located near Forest Falls, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 12.2 km Elevation Gain: 643 m Route Type: Out & Back

the climb is no joke! once you reach the y to san bernardino peak it flattens and then drops around 300 to the creek. Beautiful spot to hang out and have your lunch. Creeks flowing well

Completed this hike last week and loved it! Cross the creek by the trailhead (it's a big creek btw so accounts of wet feet are no joke), meander through oak and pine forest for a bit, then start the climb up a long series of switchbacks, first through a hillside meadow, then through patchy forest which provides sporadic shade. Once you get near the top of the ridge the trail levels for a bit, then dips into the saddle where you make it to a picture perfect mountain stream, perfect place to rest in the shade for a bit before you head back. I'm going to agree with review that say this is on the hard side of moderate. Switchbacks are fairly steep and I was feeling the burn by the time I got to the top. Payoff was definitely there in the form of views of the mountain valley, and a great selection of wildflowers when I went (mimulus, larkspur, paintbrush, lupine). Almost jumped out of my skin when I saw a bear just off the trail at one point, but it crashed through the brush up the hill and wanted nothing to do with me.

Just completed this trail today .. was there by 8am and finished by 2pm it was a nice day. Didn’t see much wildlife besides squirrels and birds and lizards.. tons of lizards, until we drove off towards vista point and we see a lady out of her car and taking pictures.. There on the rocks, were about 8 Big Horn Sheep... AMAZING! Anyways..This trail is closer to 8 miles and is on the moderate-hard side IMO. Not hard but only because the path was clear and brush wasn’t a problem.. also I would NOT have been able to complete this hike with wet shoes and socks so cross that first creek with that in mind. Going back to my car I didn’t care and the water felt good on my toes, shoes and all.

got to the trail parking at around 7:30 and the lot was pretty much full. the trail was very busy. bring plenty water and/or purifier for the creek. gets fairly warm in the later morning (10-11 am) so start the trail as early as possible. if you are looking for solitude do not go to this trail there are so many people. was a fun trail with decent elevation gain. and no, this is not a hard trail, moderate is a good rating for the trail. to get to the trail - park in the lot, cross the creek, and you should see the start of the trail (you might have to walk left/and or right some distance depending on where you crossed the creek from). ovr - fun trail. 4/5

Loved it! Cross the creek directly across from the parking lot and take a hard right at the sign. Definitely longer than 6 miles.

Great trail, you do have to cross a creek to get to the trail head. The trail is longer than 6 miles, we hiked a little over 3 miles and still no end in sight so headed back down. Pretty hike and beautiful views but most of the hiking is uphill and parts with no shade so I wouldn’t recommend on warmer days. Advice - if you aren’t an avid hiker might not be the trail for you due to the elevation gain.

Wonderful trail, but finding the start is a little tricky. Looking from the parking area, you should see a sign on the other side of the gravel bed. I just traversed across the gravel and over a little river to the sign which is close to the start of the trail.

hard

Where does this trail start? There’s no info on that.

Good steep hike but the gnats/bugs were awful, I mean really awful. We had bug spray and kept re applying but it didn’t seem to help which made the hike unpleasant. If it weren’t for that it is a great hike .

Wow!! Tough trail. Probably better in fall and winter months. awesome views. Bring lots of water and a mosquito net for your head. Lots of bugs. Nice creek at the top of the trail so we filled up there. Good challenging trail.

Great hike! Remember to bring bug repellent and a lot of water. More than moderate in my opinion but my husband and I had a wonder time.

This trail was difficult!! Moderate does not accurately describe it. I clocked 8.4 miles round trip. We saw a good size bear but no snakes. The good thing about this trail is that it’s easy to follow.

My aching feet and exhausted dog would like you to know this trail is under-rated, it should be listed as HARD. Don’t be fooled by reviews that say “fairly easy”... I am now convinced this was sarcasm. It is completely uphill, with some narrow sections with a steep slope. It is longer than 6.6mi also. First of all... the directions take you to a parking lot that has a sign listing Momyar Creek and Algar Creek.. I read in the reviews that this trail goes to Algar creek so I thought we were in the right place, however there is a single trailhead with signage to Momyar Creek so we took that thinking they link up somehow... Still not sure we were on the right trail though some other hikers said we were. But I’m confused as to weather this is a 6.6 one way or round trip because we reached what mileage-wise would’ve been the end point with no end in sight and trekkers coming down saying it was “much farther to go.” There are some long stretches with shade that lead to longer stretches fully exposed to the unforgiving sun. Nice scenery and could be enjoyable if you know what to expect going in ... so ... that’s my 2 cents. Hike at your own risk. Heard one rattler, but none on the trail. Saw no bears.

This a wonderful trail during the Fall and Wintertime. Though I do not suggest doing this trail unless you are going to stay the night during the summer months. It does get very hot and not much shade except for the first 2miles then open up to the sun. this is one of my favorites during the fall

Sat Apr 20 2019

04/19 ran into a rattlesnake on the trail about a quarter mile before Alger on a flat rocky section not far after you cross your first downed tree and just before you drop into the shade. Luckily it alerted me and my dog about 15ft off. Went into the rocks so be careful up there right now and keep your ears and eyes open! We usually go to Dobbs but decided to go a shorter route today. Excellent trail when you want to take it easy. Inclines are gradual and not too difficult. Crossing the creek isn't hard , just be smart about it so you don't start with wet feet. Tons of shade throughout make it easy going. Beautiful views toward the top and lots of water flowing at Alger Creek.

Mon Apr 15 2019

fairly easy hike up the side of the mountain, well marked path. watch for the pink ribbon in the rock quarry section to guide you back. To get to the start you do have to scale over the river, there is a location to the right of where you walk down the hillside from the parking lot marked Moyer Creek with some logs and a railing of sorts. I took off my boots and went barefoot to avoid soggy boots for the hike but just went for it on the way back. Saw several deer walking through the woods in the beginning. A good incline throughout but nothing too strenuous.