Ewoldsen Trail

Ewoldsen Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Big Sur, California that features a river. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

You've got your old growth redwood forest, scrub landscapes, sweeping canyon and ocean views, and a nice bit of elevation gain. If you only have one day to see the sites, this trail is a good complement to the McWay Falls trail that also starts from the same parking area.

In my opinion, one of the all-time great hikes in CA. Lots or views of the ocean once you get about half way up (on ocean side of circular loop). Very peaceful hike, can spend hours on top. I've done this hike approximately 10 times. Takes about an hour to get up. Love the Big Sur coast. I believe I've seen this hike called strenuous. But it's not really that strenuous. We've take our kids up it a number of times!

Completed this trail for my birthday in May of 2016. Weather was absolutely beautiful, hot but still great. Decently challenging hike! Also right by McWay Falls so make sure you check that out while you are there as well!

Great trail- would recommend this over Yosemite any day! Redwoods and ocean!

Beach views and redwoods? Winning. Definitely got my heart going. Lots of uphill. Loved it.

Awesome hike- prepare to feel the burn! Bring water and don't bother attempting this in jeans.

Nice trail with lots of great views. I wouldn't say it was strenuous though. More moderate, just lots of uphill.

Absolutely beautiful! One of the best hikes I have ever been on.

great hike through beautiful scenery. view from the ridge of the water is awesome. be aware of the fog...or you may be disappointed when you get to the top.