Eureka Peak Trail

Eureka Peak Trail is a 10 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Yucca Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

1948 feet

This is a horse trail. I even tried to switch it up and take different trails to the top, but everything is a horse trail. Lots of manure, lots of flies and A LOT of deep sand, all of which did not make for a very enjoyable hike. I had to empty out my boots at least three times and worked twice as hard since I was basically climbing a 5 mile long sand dune. Scenery was alright, some wild flowers, but nothing spectacular. Top was nice. Would not recommend, unless you're a horse.

Fantastic view, the trail system and terrain is different from other hikes in the park making it enjoyable. Yes there is also a well maintained dirt road to the top as well, easily traffic-able by any style vehicle. Hiking it is more enjoyable and rewarding!

the hike was nice although it was very cold out. the views from the peak were great. once at the top go to the right and then go up to the left as well because views are great from both spots. the one trail the Burnt something was 2.5 miles and so boring and never-ending to me. on the way back we decided to take the canyon view trail and it was awesome. it was 1.3 miles but felt longer to me. most of the hike was in sand so that made the workout really worth it. the two women at the check in were so nice and helpful. they gave us a map and highlighted a route for us. again I would skip the Burnt trail though. oh and we did see one deer. enjoy.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Great trail, a lot of up hill!!!!!

Thursday, September 08, 2011