Hikshari Trail

Hikshari Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Eureka, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

59 minutes ago

Should call this one the Homeless Trail. Almost didn't do it because I wasn't confident my car would be ok. An asphalt bike trail I wouldn't advise anyone to do.

A nice meandering walk. You need to be aware of your surroundings as there are still some lingering homeless camps.

great trail, very easy

Friday, July 26, 2013

I take my dog on this trail often. We call it "stinky beach"- used to have a rendering plant right next to where the trail runs.
I don't know why this site thinks the trail is 51.2 miles. IT'S NOT. Great view of the two spits at the bay entrance. This year was the first year that the Kinetic Grand Championship race ran through here. if you park at the Park and Ride at the Herrick Ave exit you can watch the show.And the beach is right there too!