Etiwanda Falls Trail

Etiwanda Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Rancho Cucamonga, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 803 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Nestled in the Etiwanda foothills is the Etiwanda Falls Trail. It is a nice out and back hike suitable for the whole family with lots of great scenery and photo opportunities. There are also many informational markers along the way to explain the significance of conserving this area and its role in protecting valuable ecosystem function and sensitive species found there. The falls are found on National Forest property north of the current boundaries of the North Etiwanda Preserve. By going to the falls, you will cross over privately owned property, which is not a designated part of the Preserve. The private property crossed is still a habitat preservation site for which the same conservation practices apply. Dogs are not allowed on this trail. Hours: Winter 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM Summer 6:30 AM - 8:00 PM PARKING GATES LOCKED PROMPTLY AT CLOSING TIME NO DOGS ALLOWED NOTE: Hikers have reported being ticketed and/or towed for parking on the side of the street.

This was a steep hike. This was my 1st time hiking this trail nd I think it was a good hike. A lot of kids. I did c alot of people with their Dogs. Dogs were on their leash. A lot of bugs. Rocky paths. The waterfall at the end is very beautiful. The walk back down is not too bad at all.

I’ve done this trail a few times I’ve even brought my younger nieces and nephews with me. I would advise to get there early as parking can be limited and you want to beat the heat because there’s no shade on the way up. We’ve gone in the spring and winter and it’s been nice but definitely bring sunscreen if you’re going on a hot sunny day and lots of water. I’ve seen people bring their dogs on the trail and the dogs quit or needed water. The trail is a bit rocky so wear good shoes to prevent any twisted ankles. It’s mostly uphill with a few flat spots some areas can get steep. Lots of people take this trail so it’s safe & family friendly.

Highly recommend this trail! I like to g early in the morning to beat the sun, water fall at the end is beautiful. Now the climb is a bit steep! Burned a few Calories ~ about 200 and there’s a great amount of water at the waterfall at this time. FYI: there’s one stop and you could climb further Up to see the water fall at the top !! ((Towards the left side going up)) amiliciouss.goherbalife.com

The bugs are indeed annoying but as long as you keep moving you’ll be okay. The incline can be intense for some. It’s an easy trail though. You hike straight up. The hike down takes less than 30 minutes. The waterfall is neat! It’s woody and dense. Nothing like the elevation below.

Pretty simple hike no shade and Uphill the entire way up to the waterfall. Very beautiful! Unfortunately sooo many bugs  definitely bring bug spray!!

Honestly I thought that this trail was very short. I was completely amazing how long and scenic it is. First I arrived there like two miles away bc I went on bike. Then I left my bike and continued for three hours to walk up straight towards the mountain and I made it. The only tip I would give is when you see the sign on the right towards the end saying these aren’t paths caution of falling stay to the big path and you should be fine. That will take you to the waterfall. I didn’t know that at the time lol. Anyways amazing trail and will need to come back to explore everything.

I loved the place.

Great short hike, the falls the end were very relaxing. I will bring a trash bag next time to pick the many water bottles left along the trail.

This trail is very fun! It’s definitely rocky most the way up, so I wouldn’t recommend any small dogs.. you’ll prob end up carrying them. It’s a steady incline but I’d say it’s a pretty fast hike. I think I can reach the falls in an hour or so. And I only hike maybe once a week, not in the best of shape. Plenty of sage everywhere. The Falls are beautiful!

No shade at all, too rocky for me, but the waterfall on the top is nice, although there's 'NO DOG' sign, but i still see some people bring dog with them. Overall it's a nice trail, I probably will go back for the water fall.

Really beautiful waterfall... a lot of rocks

This was a very short simple hike... No shade most of the hike.. Parking is Free,Definitely recommend to get there very early is very hard to find parking.. amazing views very nice waterfalls.