Etiwanda Falls Trail

MODERATE 1,184 reviews

Etiwanda Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Rancho Cucamonga, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Nestled in the Etiwanda foothills is the Etiwanda Falls Trail. It is a nice out and back hike suitable for the whole family with lots of great scenery and photo opportunities. There are also many informational markers along the way to explain the significance of conserving this area and its role in protecting valuable ecosystem function and sensitive species found there. The falls are found on National Forest property north of the current boundaries of the North Etiwanda Preserve. By going to the falls, you will cross over privately owned property, which is not a designated part of the Preserve. The private property crossed is still a habitat preservation site for which the same conservation practices apply.

Good hike with a payoff stream to chill at at the top. I love the incline which is hard but not so hard for hat footing becomes an issue.
It’s unfortunate that folks go ghetto and have the urge to paint their crap on rocks or play music so loud that others can hear it 100 yards away.

nothing's marked every sign was graffitied over the trail is very rocky and you have a incline all the way to the falls if you go past the first fall and stay to your left there is a second one which is nicer ,the veiws are decent but not sure if we will be going back

Steady incline on loose rocks for about 1.75 miles. Small waterfall at top with small creek. Worth the hike. Took about 45min to get up and 30 min down. Rocks are slick by the waterfall, so plz watch your kids.

It was great, but nothing special!

Amazing a good work out getting up there but so worth the time and we seen three amazing water falls .Will be going again!!

Enjoyed this easy hike with my 4 year old. Trail was a lil challenging for my lil one but we managed to complete within 3 hours. He enjoyed the rock climb up the chain of waterfalls. Coming down was too easy for both of us. I thought the hike up was a steady slight incline. Whole hike is no shade until the falls. Great picnic spot. Cool exploration for the lil ones. New favorite spot.

The first waterfall was ok, but the hidden second waterfall was amazing. Keep climbing up to the left to see the second. There is nothing beyond the second waterfall besides more boulders and dry plants.

We ended up taking the long way by hiking the trail on the left and making a loop around. Definitely a good workout! The falls are a great place to take a break.

Loved it! Doing this trail again! I loved sitting on the rocks and putting my feet in the water when reaching the top. And we saw a deer

Great hike-you’re inclining the whole way. It is listed as EASY but I beg to differ that it is more of a MODERATE hike, but well worth it once you get to the waterfall.

This trail is uphill all the way! Not sure who put it as an easy trail but it is definitely not! Very strenuous but worth it once you get to the top!

Super fun with my 5 year old! The water is still flowing and it’s a fun reward for making it to the top. And exploring up there is our favorite part!

nice little trail for a Sunday.

Beautiful!! Very rocky, but so worth it! No shade!

Nice trail. Came with lil ones so its an easy one.

Did this hike with my 3 kids ages 3-7 and had to take many stops on the way up. Even saw a rattlesnake pass by! But boy what a sweet reward when we got to that waterfall! So beautiful and a nice place to stop and have a picnic. We even went further up where there was a smaller waterfall to stick our heads under! So refreshing! My family loved it and we’ll definitely be back!

Not too bad at all. Arrived at 0645 on a Saturday and parking was easy picking. Water is still flowing.

Easy hike up
Beautiful waterfall for So-Cal worth the hike so don't quit

Great trail. went hiking with all my friends, once you get to the waterfall it's super cool and breezy.
the only problem with it is how sunny it is and how there is no shade going up it.

But all and all would do again.

Definitely more of a moderate hike than easy, especially in the heat. It's also uphill the whole way to the small falls. We'll be going back but in the fall/spring.

Terrible. The element nowadays are pot smokers playing obnoxious music through cheap portable speakers. A lot of graffiti. Avoid the crowds and go early morning

The walk up can be a little difficult because of the incline and elevation but it’s worth it once you get up there and see the waterfall.

This is a nice little 2 hour hike. There is some plant diversity but I only saw two birds. The stream has a few main waterfalls, about 5-15 feet each, and once you reach the top there is great shade under the trees. There is some graffiti on the rocks and I picked up five or so pieces of trash, but was definitely a fun beginner hike with friends!

Great walk up to a great view over the city! FYI, the water fall isn't much of a water fall. there's also no real place to dip in the water. if you live near here, i recommend it, but it's not worth a long drive.

fun trail not too hard

It was my first time going on this trail with my little ones who range from 7 to 11yrs of age. It was a bit hard for them at times but once we got to the creek it was worth it. They got in it and had a blast. We also seen some deer on the way up.

Great first time hike spot. Rocky but worth the hike to the waterfall/stream. Just remember there is a waterfall at the end so keep going. Good for all ages. If everyone picks up one piece of trash we can change the world.

This was a good hike. They have a paid security guard in the area making regular patrols. We talked to him for a bit he was cool and friendly. During the summer the trail closes at 8pm and the gate is locked so make sure you get your vehicle out. There is no parking available outside of the gate. If you happen to get locked in you’ll have to wait for deputy to come up and let you out. I heard a rumor you could get cited. It would be great if the gate stayed open till 9. It’s a good workout, 850ish foot climb over a mile stretch. Definitely will so this hike again.

Closed due high heat!!

Been coming here for years, last time I went my car window was busted out and everything was taken out of my car when I got back from my hike. It’s a nice hike, no shade on the way up, only about 1.5 miles to reach the falls but it’s a big incline all the way. The falls have graffiti everywhere and there are names carved all over the trees at the top.