Etiwanda Falls Trail

Etiwanda Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Rancho Cucamonga, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Nestled in the Etiwanda foothills is the Etiwanda Falls Trail. It is a nice out and back hike suitable for the whole family with lots of great scenery and photo opportunities. There are also many informational markers along the way to explain the significance of conserving this area and its role in protecting valuable ecosystem function and sensitive species found there. The falls are found on National Forest property north of the current boundaries of the North Etiwanda Preserve. By going to the falls, you will cross over privately owned property, which is not a designated part of the Preserve. The private property crossed is still a habitat preservation site for which the same conservation practices apply.

25 seconds ago

Reminder no dogs allowed! Or at least we weren't able to bring ours but saw many others have dogs.

This was an awesome hike !!!

I enjoyed the hike, however due to the rocks and steady incline I wouldn't consider this an "easy" hike. I would say it's a moderate level hike. The waterfall/creek was beautiful! Lots of snow melt made for lots of running water.

Whoever placed this place to hike as easy must be related to Lance Armstrong cause this is nothing short of really hard. I'm not in bad shape but this hike was very hard to do since it's pretty steep and uneven when it comes to hiking up. I took a lot of breaks on my way up.

Once I got to the top I had a great lunch and the sound of the stream was very tranquil and peaceful. I was even able to take a small snooze while listening to the waterfall in the background.

Unfortunately do to how hard it was I may not be returning back to this place again. Hikers beware of the "easy" hike up rating they gave it.

Went yesterday at the perfect time, due to parking being
limited. Talk about a nice workout to get up to the top. Recommend wearing good trail shoes or hiking boots, only because the trail up is a lot of rocks, also bring plenty of water and a snack to regenerate. Only disheartening thing are the idiots that think it's cool to graffiti rocks, why ruin natural beauty there's other venues you can do you art. But the waterfall was relaxing, and enjoyed it once I made it up

This trail is recommended for hikers of 14 or older. My tips are to bring water and snack to enjoy the view :-)

I like the view from moutain to the valley.

This trail is near my home so I go here a lot It is a great place to get a workout . Scenery never gets old

If you are going to the falls on the weekend, go really early or at the end of the day. The trail is really crowded otherwise. It is an easy trail so it is heavily traveled. Heavy traffic means lots of trash.

The trail is a steady uphill to the falls and it is dry until the falls. Bring lots of water especially in the summer. If you decide to break the law and bring your dog, don't be a further idiot and forget that your dog needs more water than you do.

If you pack it in, pack it out.

Hiked up to Etiwanda falls today to try out my new hiking boots. Funny how now that it is a "Preserve" it has so much more trash, dog droppings, initials carved in trees and graffiti. Before it was a "Preserve" I could ride my horse up to the falls and the area was pristine. Now it is on route to becoming yet another sapphire falls. Such a shame.

Trail was easy and a quick little hike. The most water I've seen up there in years. Would of loved to give it a 5 star but with dog droppings every 100 yards and initials carved in trees every where and Grafiti on the rocks it is yet just another dump to close to the the masses of LA.

trail to it sucks