Etiwanda Falls Trail

Etiwanda Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Rancho Cucamonga, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Nestled in the Etiwanda foothills is the Etiwanda Falls Trail. It is a nice out and back hike suitable for the whole family with lots of great scenery and photo opportunities. There are also many informational markers along the way to explain the significance of conserving this area and its role in protecting valuable ecosystem function and sensitive species found there. The falls are found on National Forest property north of the current boundaries of the North Etiwanda Preserve. By going to the falls, you will cross over privately owned property, which is not a designated part of the Preserve. The private property crossed is still a habitat preservation site for which the same conservation practices apply.

Done this one a few times now. It's a favorite to bring the kids. It's not easy for those that never workout but if you do it will be. Kids might complain on the way up but they get through it and love it at the end. There are multiple routes to the Falls, I recommend it. On hot days go early. Oh, and I did see a snake last May but it wasn't a rattlesnake. This is a good one. I took off 1 star because it's really rocky but that's not a complaint I'd just rather them not be there myself.

Beautiful falls at the end the trail, worth seeing

Great views. Waterfall was flowing. Just a bit rocky on the path

My son told me about this hike and him and I hiked to the waterfall. I personally wouldn't classify it as easy (pretty much uphill all the way to the falls) if you're in good shape it won't be a problem. If you're not in good shape this hike will have you sweating and sucking wind and feeling the need to stop and take a few breathers. It was a rewarding experience getting to the falls. A beautiful hike and I would highly recommend it. It was cool to get out with my son and hang out.

Wonderful! However trail is full sun until you get to the waterfall so don’t plan on doing this midday as we did! Views are definitely worth it though!

Fun, easy hike to a small waterfall. Disappointed with the amount of dog poo left on the trail and the graffiti at the water fall though.

This was a longish, very rocky, sunny and dry hike to a very shady and beautiful waterfall. So this is a pay-off hike. I'd do it again, but there WAS a lot of trash and graffiti, so there is that, but the creek above the falls makes for a nice, beautiful place to take a lunch break!

The trails are clean, but marked with graffiti and many signs are rusted and can't be read. Waterfall was a nice respite from the hot and dusty trail.

Easy hike, the trail is rocky but once you reach the falls, the view will be worth it.

this is our go to family hike. still so much to explore.

Good hike on a Sunday afternoon. To bad there is a lot of graffiti. The city needs to get it removed. So sad that people spray paint there political views on such a nice trail.

Nice place for a 1 hour hike

it's one point seven miles it's pretty good and get you in shape and i seen people that can't make it turn around so it's not easy for all everybody I heard somebody say it's dirty, it's a hike in the wilderness it should be dirty he said there's a lot of people, you want to be the only one you think you're the only one in this country come on stop it stop bitching

The hike was ok but the place was dirty and thare were a lot of people. This hike was kinda disappointing to me.

Haven’t been here in awhile was nice to get out . Not a terrible trip.

This is a steep, rocky out and back trail to a small waterfall. Since the trail is so rocky, I would not recommend trying to run on it. Also, there is no shade until the waterfall. Otherwise, the scenery is beautiful. The trail was crowded with families the Saturday morning I was there. Parking is free.

Amazing and wonderful

I was expecting to see the waterfall down there, but I don't have the experience on climbing, so was to dangerous for my family and myself , however we enjoyed so much, a long walk.

Good hike, really rocky when we went in March 2017. My 8 year old was able to get through it with a few breaks. No shade, wear sunscreen & bring a hat.