Enchanted Forest Trail is a 1.8 mile out and back trail located near Pine Mountain Club, California that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 636 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Cute little trial, there are a few spots along the hill where it has washed out made it a little tricky to not slide down these spots. Other then that peaceful and beautiful.

It certainly earned the name “Enchanted Forest!” You’ll quickly find yourself secluded in a narrow, forested valley along a bubbling stream. That said, I would call this trail tricky, but rewarding. Finding the trailhead is fairly simple: it’s tucked into a driveway. Once the driveway starts to turn right, the trail will be on your left. If the first thing you’re doing is crossing the stream, you entered the wrong clearing. Go to the next one. You should start to the right of the stream. The first portion is very easy and clear to follow. Further along, expect a couple creek crossings (easy and you’ll stay dry), climbing over or under several downed trees (less easy), and hiking up hillsides with loose dirt and stones (watch your step!). All the while the trail gets narrower and portions are somewhat overgrown. I will add that there is no clear destination, the trail simply ends, but it’s incredibly beautiful and peaceful the whole way. It took me just shy of 2hrs in and out, including several breaks. I was not well adjusted to the altitude. Well worth it!

recorded Enchanted Forest Trail

icy

Less than a mile before it gets overgrown and difficult to walk. But a very beautiful area with a creek.

icy

If you want to go to the end, not dog friendly and currently snowed out. Very hard to get through and find a way.

The bottom half of this trail was really lovely. You traverse through a pine and oak forest next to a stream. Not another soul in sight. The little stream is really nice although not big and you’re not very close to it for most of the trail. BUGS!!!! Use spray but don’t be surprised if it does nothing. There’s THAT many bugs. Nothing was biting but the pesky swarming was really distracting and there were so many you’d see clouds of them lifting up when you approach sections of trail and they sound like bees there’s just that many. I was carrying my toddler in a kid backpack. The bit of elevation and the elevation gain made this tougher than I thought it’d be. It just climbs and climbs. Without my child the HUGE fallen trees over the path would have been easier to do but w him it was definitely a challenge I could have done without. The further up you went the narrower and sketchier the trail got. In some areas the trail was steep and covered in loose gravel and barely a person wide. This was one of those trails that although really pretty I just kept checking the map to see if I was at the end already. The perpetual climb, tree after tree to climb over and no real reward at the end decreased my rating....and those bugs. Mosquito net hat and no child on my back would have made it better for me. All that said it WAS really beautiful back there. I believe it’s right over the mountain from the Woodland Falls Trail that we did right before this trail. You can hear people over the hill.

Definitely moderate. Not easy. You’ll use your hands to scale large rocks and pass massive fallen trees. While short, it is a steep climb. First half is fairly easy, hiking next to a babbling brook. Second half is no joke. There are points where it’s hard to figure out where the trail is due to overgrown brush, but we found out way. (Notes from hike in July).

Sat Apr 27 2019

A nice fairly easy trail, gets a little hard to follow about half way through. It’s insanely quiet.

Sun Aug 19 2018

great trail, but no clear end to it and trail gets harder to define the farther in you go. Still, a quiet hike that gives you some shade and tranquillity.

Sun Jul 08 2018

So quiet here! Hardly ever see anyone else. Make sure to bring bug spray. Love climbing over the downed trees and the slightly rocky sections. Watch out for loose gravel in a few spots.

Mon May 14 2018

a good healthy hike that is beautiful

Mon Feb 12 2018

This hiking trail was recommended to me by two women I met on another nearby trail in Pine Mtn Club. To me, it was lovely. My dog enjoyed it. It is in a secluded spot out of the way, at dead end of street, which is also where you park. When you start off on the path, stay to the left as there is a driveway that goes up to private property. The trail has a few creek crossings (low water) so nothing major. It is dirt/rocks/down branches on trail. So quiet. I did see a few other people out. The trail doesn’t appear to be high volume foot traffic but it could be when I went. The trail was easy to follow, not sure the length of it because I had a time constraint so couldn’t stay as long as I wanted to. I definitely recommend it. Easy for a beginner. If you’re looking for more challenging then probably not the one but it’s worth checking out if you just want to get away on a new trail. Will be back soon!

Tue Feb 06 2018

Gets a bit overgrown at end otherwise nice in and out

Thu Jan 11 2018

The first 5 minutes is lovely and then the trail just disappears.