Embarcadero to Spanish Landing

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(124)
San Diego, California

Embarcadero to Spanish Landing is a 11.9 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near San Diego, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 11.9 km Elevation Gain: 21 m Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

beach

partially paved

city walk

historic site

A 14 acre waterfront shopping, dining and entertainment complex recreating a harbor side setting of a century ago. Includes 54 one of a kind shops, 13 casual dining eateries, 4 fine dining waterfront restaurants. Opened in 1980. Four miles of meandering cobblestone pathways bordered by ponds, lakes, fountains and colorful, lush landscaping. Quarter mile boardwalk along the San Diego Bay.

Awesome bike ride beautiful weather

No bikes in seaport village

Really nice and walkable, I love seeing the boats and being near the water. It’s not super crowded for the most part. It’s not incredibly quiet however due to the vicinity to Harbor Drive & the Airport.

awesome ride. if you want to avoid the streets. walk your bike through seaport village, it's a short walk them pick up the path. 9/5/10

This trail is gorgeous! It is a little confusing at the north side of trail... You have to go under a bridge (I noticed taking the road instead of trail was the route I needed to take on the way back). I believe the trail ends here but the bike paths don’t. You can take a pedestrian bridge over to another town and ride along the water and grab a bite to eat. Great ride!

Sat Apr 20 2019

Traffic can be rough sometimes but this is a scenic walk/easy bike ride.

Thu Jun 07 2018

Walked and ran some of this “trail” which actually an all paved walkway. Some parts of the path do not allow bikes/skateboards/scooters etc but people did anyway. Flat and easy path. Kid and dog safe. There are homeless along the path but not many and they didn’t bother anyway. If you have to go the bathroom there at least three public restrooms along the way. The harbor one (off the path near the hornblower ships) was the cleanest. I parked at the Embarcadero Marina Park parking lot, which is metered pay. Use a credit card (easiest) and it’s for 3 hours. Plenty of time to walk/run the path.

Sat Mar 03 2018

Took a morning jog from Spanish Landing to Seaport Village. I avoided the crowds by going around 0830. View is beautiful of the bay. A good playlist and lots of sites to keep your mind busy as your walk, jog, run, or bike this route goes by quickly.

Tue Dec 26 2017

Easy walk, but beautiful views!

Wed Aug 30 2017

Fun with the kids

Mon May 29 2017

Lovely ride on our bicycles, as well as a nice walk..

Sun Mar 12 2017

Nice views but traffic is quite loud right next to path for the majority

Fri Mar 10 2017

This trail runs the entire length of the Embarcadero on San Diego Bay and should be named as such. Seaport Village is a commercial/shjopping center ....NOT A TRAIL. There are several other attractionalong this route that are of greater public interest.....such as the USS Midway Museum, The Maritime Museum, Spanish Landing Park, Tuna Wharf and the Kissing Sailor statue, The County Waterfront Park, Broadway Pier.

Sat Jan 28 2017

Very nice path nice views. You have to pay for parking if you start at the south end by Sea Port Village. The appeared to be free parking at the north end wish I had known that.

Thu Nov 24 2016

Perfect for a hot day. Can cruise up and down Embarcadero, take in the sights and enjoy.

Thu Jun 09 2016

Beautiful view. All concrete. Pretty sunset view

Mon Jun 06 2016

Nice walk along various shop, places to eat and harbors. Provided some nice scenery.

Tue May 10 2016

I love it!

Thu Nov 26 2015

I used this route for my quick bike run 11.9 miles from north park to shelter island

Sat May 23 2015

Very nice walk, we always go there when we're in San Diego, hometown of my wife. Recommended, nice shops, great views.

Fri May 22 2015

I am fortunate enough to work right by San Diego's Seaport Village. I've logged quite a few miles on this "trail" (my run app says a couple 100). The convention center stairs are a great way to boost your run/walk. Very pretty views of the "Big Bay" and Coronado Island.

Thu Feb 12 2015

Great walk along the San Diego coastline!

Sun Mar 23 2014

Great scenic walk!

Tue Dec 31 2013

This is the walk me and my wife did one day before giving birth to my son, all I gotta say is that it worked!

Thu Nov 28 2013

Early mornings are the best- everything is just waking up; it's pure zen and very relaxing and a great walk. Also great for photo's. I am a San Diego native and it's a good place to go.

Wed Aug 07 2013

I've was raised in San Diego and live going to Seaport Village! There are a variety of shops, side entertainment, and beautiful bay/ocean views. It is a wonderful place to go with the family or even by yourself.