Elysian Park West Loop Trail

Elysian Park West Loop Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 236 feet Route Type: Loop

Awesome place to visit. Frisbee Golf course and beautiful views of LA!

I like the hikes. the trail parallel to the freeway. too many things happen up there as well.

It’s a nice urban hike.

Nice hike I took with my baby on my back and my pup. Bring lots of water and sunscreen as there is little shade. Although not rated as “stroller friendly,” I believe you could hike this with a stroller. It would be a bit bumpy, but not too bad.

A surprisingly nice urban hike. I would recommend doing the loop counterclockwise. You'll have a climb (not too steep), but you'll be rewarded with spectacular views of the DTLA skyline in front of an urban forest. It's a unique view that you won't get many places: Vista Hermosa Park, Debs Park, and Ascot Hills are the only other ones I can think of. You should also be aware this trail is extremely popular with the dog crowd. Everybody we met was well behaved, but quite a few dogs were hiking off leash.

Great hike my dogs loved every minute of it!

have a hidden swing on the top. Good insta pic go-to place

Best spot for a walk or run. Beautiful view always take my dog out here

Great hike with my dog loved every minute!

Great hiking with dog. It was quite and nice!

Great trail. Amazing views of the city

Loved!

A great place for escaping in the city for some hiking and running. Good views, some nice nature, can get crowded

I am not sure what route Raul took that narrowed but at no point was the west trail I walked less than 6 ft wide. Walk clockwise if you want the big grade downhill. Walk counter clock if you want to go up it. For those out of town era like me I saw no indication of vagrants or any scary people. Sunrise walk almost no one there

Sunday, September 02, 2018

it was a great way to break in someone who hasnt hiked before! amazing L.A views

Monday, August 13, 2018

Very nice trail, easy to walk and nice view of city.

Thursday, April 05, 2018

don't do this hike if you don't like walking next to cliffs. At times it gets really narrow and it is a bit scary. Do the east loop better if you bring kids or dogs along.

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Closes trail to DTLA and dog friendly!

Sunday, January 14, 2018

A hike I do very often just to get out of the house with my dog. Great views of dodger's stadium and the nearby freeways. You can make the loop longer by crossing the street to the other side of Elysian Park where the trails get more narrow and there's a fun climbing section. I wouldn't recommend doing this side with a dog, but definitely a lot of fun! There's also a hidden swing on this side :)

Saturday, January 06, 2018

Good for kids.

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Nice hike. Great views and Dodgers Stadium is right next door.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

My local hike. Very easy. Little garden at the top. nice view of the neighborhood

Saturday, September 16, 2017

I do this hike almost every day with my dog. Great city views, not crowded at all. Oasis in the city.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Good hike

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Very simple and nice hike. My go-to for off-leash dog walking

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Elysian Park is pretty amazing. I hadn't been up there in years. The park is so huge and so much exploring to do up there. I went in search of the hidden swing and happy to say, I found it.... The views of the city are worth going..... Hope you can find the swing. Here are some hints. If you came up from Riverside and looped passed the Police training center. Park over looking the 5 Fwy against the brick wall and walk up the trail on the left. Amazing views and if you're lucky you can swing on rekindle your joy of swinging like when you were a kid.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Lit af, views are trill. View of DTLA blew my mind