Elysian Park West Loop Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(468)
Elysian Park

Elysian Park West Loop Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 236 feet Route Type: Loop

1 minute ago

Not bad, not great! A little too close to the highway, so you always hear the cars noise. Overall, pretty decent trail for a chill 1-hour hike.

Nice hike for all levels. Definitely a nice hike just to walk around. Parking was easy to find - got there around 4pm on a Saturday.

I came at 7 am parking is free and lots of spots available. I would recommend this trail for beginners . Nice views, easy smooth trails to run. Not much of an incline so if you are looking for a more intense hike then this is not the trail . Dog and family friendly. Overall experience was okay .

Nice, easier trail if you are looking to get out for a little exercise and some sun. I like how it loops around all the way by the 5 freeway. I think if you go back the same way it will probably be a little more uphill for a bit harder hike

Kid & dog friendly

Decent amount of people on the trail, many without masks. Pretty easy. Plus side- Tons of free parking and lots of empty space at the actual park to exercise or sit.

Decent trail for something lighter or casual. Good to run and a nice view of the DTLA skyline.

Great trail especially for families. We brought our kids and grandma. Easy parking and close to start of trail. There is an incline midway but it’s good for the heart! Pretty views of LA. Really nice greenery and an all over great find. Most people were wearing masks and distancing. Not crowded and we felt safe to hike.

Great trail for running. To make it a better workout, I started at the bottom of “Baxter Steps”.

Short, simple, quaint trail that is easy to find and trek. Lightly trafficked with noticible maintence and humble views of the city. The parking is free and I had an overall enjoyable experience.

Easy nice stroll

Easy trail. Good for first time friends. Would like to come back and run it

Totally fine path. This would be a perfect “starter hike” or a location your friends who don’t really hike much, could do without gasping for air. I hiked this pretty quickly but would love to come back and jog here. The elevation isn’t too steep and the path isn’t too washed out. A perfect chill hike.

Started at 4pm on a Monday. Tons of parking, trail mostly empty. Nice cool breeze with a good amount of shade, few spots of sun

Beautiful trail ... we had such a great time with my husband and our daughter. Also Clifford our black lab enjoyed it so much. Lots of shade, good size trails and excellent city view ... love it!!

We enjoyed this hike. a lot of shade relatively easy The only drawback was a lot of people don't keep their dogs on a leash. We didn't have any problem with them, but somebody May. follow the rules people

Nobody keeps dogs on leash here. Pretty otherwise

Great hike. We didn’t get lost, very easy to follow. Mostly dirt. Saw a lot of people and dogs off and on leash. Nice playground.

Quite dirty and smells of dog litter for the first part. A simple easy one with nice views

Beautiful this time of year. Green and lush but tons of people on the trail by 10:30am. Earlier is better here especially if you want to trail run.

We walked with dog. He lives here to sniff the moles.

Great views of the city and easy hike. I would recommend bringing friends that are visiting to this hike since you're able to see so much including great views and wild flowers

Great for beginners!

Very dog friendly. nice view of LA. Decent up and downhill for casual walks.

This is the best trail in Elysian Park. It is very well maintained and has some pretty sweet views. It's perfect for trail running or dog walking. I went counter clockwise. The first half has some excellent views of Cypress Park and Mount Washington and the Metro train running with the San Gabriel Mountains in the background. 2nd half you get a real nice view of downtown.

It was a great little hike, I hiked there on Blackfriday and I picked up trash. I was very surprise of the amount of trash in the trail. I collected a big bag.

Nice short walk to get steps in. Lots of unleashed dogs. Part of the trail is paved concrete, part of it is dirt. Mostly shaded.