Elysian Park West Loop Trail

Elysian Park West Loop Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My local hike. Very easy. Little garden at the top. nice view of the neighborhood

I do this hike almost every day with my dog. Great city views, not crowded at all. Oasis in the city.

Good hike

Very simple and nice hike. My go-to for off-leash dog walking

Elysian Park is pretty amazing. I hadn't been up there in years. The park is so huge and so much exploring to do up there. I went in search of the hidden swing and happy to say, I found it....

The views of the city are worth going.....

Hope you can find the swing.

Here are some hints. If you came up from Riverside and looped passed the Police training center. Park over looking the 5 Fwy against the brick wall and walk up the trail on the left. Amazing views and if you're lucky you can swing on rekindle your joy of swinging like when you were a kid.

Lit af, views are trill.
View of DTLA blew my mind

Easy hike

I had never been on this trail and it was pretty cool. It offers a different perspective of the city- views of the 5, the LA River and beyond that are interesting! Depending on which way you go, you could get a pretty intense uphill workout. Parts of the trail are really beautiful. It's pretty easy. The only part I didn't like was having to walk along the road for part of it- especially since I had my baby and my dog. It didn't feel very safe with the cars driving by!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I call it Silver Trails. A nice, casual, golden hour hike, above the 5 freeway. A quiet, winding dirt trail with magical lighting, views and energy all around. Perfect for those in need of a long walk.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

THIS TRAIL IS GREAT. you can go one of two ways at the beginning... and the views rule. super serene looking down like a fudile lord on the freeway

Monday, May 23, 2016

We went on the full 6 mile path all the way around the park, down to dodger stadium and to the reservoir and so on. Some nice views, but not the prettiest trail. Many nicer ones in Griffith Park.

Friday, June 05, 2015

If entering this trail from the trailhead at Stadium way, this trail actually ends up being about 2.7 miles. A great trail for running, walking ect..

Saturday, March 21, 2015

This is one of the more peaceful and easy hikes I've done in LA. The views are expansive and it's lush green all around. The trees framing the sides of the trail at some points give a beautiful backdrop. There's also a great view of downtown LA about a quarter of the way into the loop.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

love the shooting range at the police academy. great view of the city from behind nice looking south at LA instead of always looking north. careful of young drunk cholos!! trying to be blood in blood out hahahah!!