Learn more

Elyria Canyon Trail is a 1.3 mile loop trail located near Dodgertown, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 246 feet Route Type: Loop

Decided to try something new and used the "trails near me" feature here on AllTrails. This one was just a few blocks away from me. From where the map starts I thought it was just going to take me through some residential streets..but it lead me to a park that I had no idea was even there. The beauty of this app!! Really easy hike through the park. The harder parts were the uphill streets to get to it. The trail is mostly a dirt path through the canyon with lots of bushes and trees. A little overgrown at certain parts. On the back end you get a really nice view into the valley. Lots of other little trails that lead off into different areas of the neighborhood.

Thu May 23 2019

Wed Feb 27 2019

Meh. Nothing special, seems like the kind of undeveloped canyon we would've rode ATV's through as a kid. The big mystery to me is why the canyon wasn't developed. There are houses nearby on narrow streets with like a 20% grade. Why didn't they build in the canyon instead? Especially since it seems one of the roads used to be paved? Speaking of steep streetz, there are "secret stairways" nearby if you want to add more to this short hike. The stairs are on Tillie and Kilbourn, a few blocks south of the trailhead. (You can see them on my track.)

Fri Sep 14 2018

Short but quaint hike. Near a lot of homes.

Mon Jun 11 2018

Fun adventure! Parking is very tricky if you take Bridgeport Dr. Take Wollam St. instead.

Sun Mar 25 2018

Live right by it. Has a great view of Downtown LA.

Thu Jul 13 2017

Deceivingly easy and short

Thu Feb 11 2016

Had a great time with my kids !!! It was easy and moderate at the same time!

Tue Jun 25 2019