Eleanor Nelson to Patwin Park Trail

Eleanor Nelson to Patwin Park Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Vacaville, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Took my dog for a hike here a few times now. It’s great but the only thing that sucks is that the entrance from Eleanor Nelson Park has sketchy loiterers. I’ve had one of these loiterers come too close to me to try to chat me up as I was hiking. I also always find a couple homeless men that sit on the benches at the start of the pathway and they smoke and drink alcohol. I had to keep looking behind me to make sure I wasn’t being followed. This is a lightly-trafficked path so honestly I would bring a knife or mace just in case. You can never be too safe.

Monday, July 24, 2017

This is a playground, far from hiking trail

Monday, July 08, 2013

Beautiful path. Paved the whole way, but there are 4 spots you have to cross traffic streets. Navigation signs aren't too helpful. I had to ask a local where to pick up the trail. Mostly at the Marshall crossing by Vaca Pena school. Looking for the green gates will help you. I started at Elmira and Leisure Town Rd. and I recommend turning around at the water park/community pool end. The last little part isn't worth the street crossing. I didn't see any bathrooms or water along the route. From the Elmira start, there a 3 children parks. Flat, and easy and wide for children or pulling a bike trailer. Lots of shaded parts. Walkers and dogs on path too.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Great bike trail for the whole family!!

Thursday, June 01, 2017