El Toro Trail

El Toro Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Morgan Hill, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

closed

Trail is closed!!

This trail is steep from base to peak when taking the east face up. Be careful when descending the east face as the rock can be loose at places. All in all very fun and intense for such a short hike. I saw multiple deer, turkey, and plenty of wildflowers along the ridge. Watch out for rattlesnakes... a local said he'd seen plenty along this trail.

This is a great Hike! I went up the east face and it is far harder than the South.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Hike trail was closed, but I still went on the hike. By far one of the most amazing hikes I been on. Hiking up that steep incline, remember to bring gloves, you will need it to pull up that rope that was installed by hikers.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Monday, July 04, 2016

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I wanted to hike El Toro on my birthday but it is CLOSED from the winter. I would give this a 5 star hike. It is a nice short hike with a great view of Morgan Hill. I only gave it this rating because it is CLOSED.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

I went up the east side trail, and then 360% around the peak, and back down the south side trail to the church. I estimate the entire full circle is about 3.5 miles, good hike. The top sections on both sides are pretty steep so be careful. Good thing that the rope is still there as the south side is very steep. Fun climb, good work out. Happy Trails!

Monday, February 29, 2016

Absolutely beautiful once you get to the top. Quite the incline as I wouldn't recommend taking kids.