El Camino Viejo, Reflection Pond, and San Emigdio Canyon Loop

moderate 261 reviews

El Camino Viejo, Reflection Pond, and San Emigdio Canyon Loop is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pine Mountain Club, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 7.8 miles Elevation Gain: 915 feet Route Type: Loop

hiked to gate of the reflection pond entrance but did not enter due to time. Needed to get back before the park closed at 5pm. zig zagged through the creek lots. more buck sign than I’ve ever seen here before, which is great. Wildflowers are just starting to pop on the drive in, I’m sure the spring wildflower trail will be amazing in a week or so. ESPECIALLY if we get any rain. Hills are very dry for this time of year.

flooded

Great trail really well maintained and clean. I was excited to see the installed water bottle refill stations! Trails are highly distinguishable with rocks on the edges of the trail on most parts to guide you. Also, have I mentioned how clean the restrooms are?! Yes!

Beautiful area, very enjoyable walk, lots of side trails. But some areas are just overgrown and it’s hard to find the trail even with the app. There is phone service, Verizon, for most of the loop. The last loop is closed for maintenance. Will come back in the Spring. Will probably be a lot more green and lush. I just hope they do some maintenance and make it easier to get around. Otherwise, beautiful.

Did this after the big Christmas storm, snow covered mountain views the whole way. we did a little different pathin, started out on san emigdio canyon train, crossed to el camino viejo bike trail at the willows then followed up the back end of the tule elk trail, ended with the lookout and back down to the trail head. total miles tracked =8.1 miles round trip

Great hike. Can’t wait for spring. Reflection pool is seasonal. Lucky we met a fellow hiker who had already been up the last mile of trail and informed us it was dried out.

Loved this trail! Next time I will do the entire thing!

Great for families and advanced hikers, amazing views and a creek to get some shade

I went for a quick 1 hour visit during a business trip out to Bakersfield. The area is quiet and very peaceful; tucked away beyond the rows of citrus trees and carefully maintained farmland. It’s amazing how quickly the terrain goes from flat to mountainous here. I was a little intimidated by the “caution mountain lions and bears,” but I didn’t end up seeing wildlife other than a rabbit and a raven. There are very few trees on the trail. It’s mostly dry grassland and few wildflowers, but it’s beautiful nonetheless and well worth the drive from Bakersfield.

I went on bike trail to the end it was pretty tough to get up to the 5 mile end but once up it was my reward,yippee all the way down,in 20 something minutes all was all back to vehicle took me two hours to get up there it all going up,but I enjoyed it the way down I didn't see any wildlife only a jack rabbit.

We just did the el camino Viejo trail, it was a stunning trail. About 10 miles out and back. There are no trees so, no meaningful shade but, the views of the valleys were breathtaking.

Nice easy hike. It was a beautiful early spring day and everything was so green. The wild flowers are just starting to bloom.

Beautiful

Easy trail with a moderate incline starting from the reflection pond. The trail is very clear and gets very muddy after precipitation.

Sun Jan 27 2019

A pretty and good nice easy hike as far as hiking goes. There was a full parking lot at lots of people at the start of the trail but honestly, once we got on it...the crown thined out greatly. My girlfriend and I are about the views and the experience, it seemed like some people hust wanted to power walk through lol. with all the folks there we only got passed once in our direction. Very nice. I'd definitely recommend this hike. And there is definitely more to the hiking then this map shows. You really could show up with the sun, walk around, picnic and walk back with the sun setting...If your not just there to power walk.

Tue Jan 08 2019

This is a great winter hike!! Especially for the family..

Sun Dec 30 2018

Did work experience here and helped create some trails. Hard work but I enjoyed how beautiful it was out there. Feels good to know I helped this great organization.

Sat Nov 17 2018

Climbing up is a lil struggle on a bike but if you are strong it is a good workout. On the way back you just fly down. Make sure to take the exit towards the gazebo. My friend went the other way and wrecked real quick in the lil stream you have to cross. Fun bike though for novice bikers.

Wed Oct 17 2018

This trail was easy not much of an incline. Dog friendly for sure. beautiful views.

Wed Oct 10 2018

Had the place to myself on a Tuesday afternoon. Encountered 2 juvenile mountain lions, 2 coyotes, and a baby rattlesnake. Some pretty cool views of the canyon. I’ll probably visit again when the hillsides get some green!

Fri Sep 21 2018

Icon views. Easy but worth it and great for kids and all levels of hiker. Absolutely gorgeous.

Mon Jun 04 2018

Awesome for the family. My wife and I have four kids ages 13, 10, 6, and 2. We had a great time. The park trail has pick nick tables into the hike, which is awesome for the little ones to take a break....

Thu May 31 2018

very nice and place to walk on it, I did all the 7.8 miles by my self and my camera canon gx7, backpack with 20lb and water, 2 hours going to the end and 1hr going back to where it start, I really enjoyed it. thank you, by the way I love your application it work super nice it help a lot.

Tue May 08 2018

Love this app. I really helps keep you motivated.

Sun May 06 2018

what a great morning hike with my daughter just a little over 9 miles felt amazing saw lits if birds and some deer early in the morning would love too do it again