Effie Yeaw Nature Loop Trail

Effie Yeaw Nature Loop Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Carmichael, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Short, kid-friendly hike near a golf course. Entry is $5

This trail is great!!!

Great, easy hike. Access to the American River on one end. There are placards with some info about the local plants, which is great for the kids.

Great googly moogly what a good trail.
You ever have those vibram five ginger toe shoes? They’re not like those Nike casts that protect your feet. You engage your feet when you run.

I think I saw a mountain lion and those things will kill you with it’s face. It’s crazy!

A coyote once punked my dog.

Nice easy hike. View of the river, golf course, wild flowers, birds, wild turkey & deer. Watch out for rattle snakes.

Nice little walk. I take friends here if we want to get out but have a late start or are heading into hiking. I consider myself a moderate hiker but I shillings this one because of the wildlife. I always see to be of animals any time of year. The water is refreshing too.

I love this nature trail! The trail is roughly 3 miles. It looks around a golf course and next to the American River. They also have a wildlife preserve. It's very relaxing and fun to walk or run.

Great. Easy hike. Nice to stop at the water and take a break.

$5 to park. Very nice trail, only thing is that there isn't a trail right along the water, without having to go off trail, through a bunch of rocks. It's a really peaceful trail, my boyfriend & I saw 3 deer and 2 hares while on our walk. Definitely recommend this trail for beginners.

Great place for an easy walk. Very scenic and quiet with plenty of wildlife meandering around.

Effie Yeaw is really great for so many reasons, I’d babble on n on. Mainly, it’s perfect for education ourselves and the only preserve in the area (lest someone corrects me!). Tons of rocks to get to the river so bring a baby carrier if you have a baby, rather than a stroller. People of all ages come here to enjoy the birds and other wildlife, spotting salmon during the run, and more. The only unfortunate things are that the sac state college kids can sometimes disturb the peace from the other side of the river (one year I had to call the FD cuz their dumb buts lit a fire) but out of my 14 years coming here that’s only happened once. The other thing is a good thing and not so good-the golf course that is part of the Ancil Hoffman park this preserve is in gets proceeds to the nature center and preserve, but some of us wish money came in another way, so the golf course can be restored to the way it was before and be part of the preserve. Regardless of those 2 critiques, and regardless of so many other trails being in the greater sac area, this place is STILL our GO TO place for peace and serenity. It has become the “back yard” for so many families and retired folks. How cute is it to see an elderly couple still holding hands walking down a path?!!

short and sweet. great place to take kids.

Was amazing! Animal life and great people around.

Nature was amazing a lot of deer here

$5 entry fee - head to Effie Yeaw nature center parking lot. Well marked trail entrance. Before we even started we saw 2 deer. Some more deer along the way and a fox as we were leaving. Easy hike with nice benches along the way to stop for a snack or just sit quietly. Quick walk over some rocks to the river to watch rafters and kayakers go by and throw some rocks. Great easy family hike or just a nice nature walk nearby if you live in the area.

Hey it's by the river with wildlife, easy hike, great way to kill and hour. #familyhikes

Great family trail and lots of wildlife to see

Easy trail family friendly

Easy trail family friendly

Great trail for kids. You almost always see deer, turkeys and woodpeckers. Fun area to explore.

Friday, June 16, 2017

I enjoyed this trail and the history behind it.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Loved the trail!!

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Great trails!!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

easy trail for kids, fun with lots of wildlife and learning spots. There's access to the river and a nature center. definitely a fun time and worth the hike. it did cost $8 to get in but that's probably an elevated price for memorial day weekend.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Fantastic hike with kids. We started on the Meadow trail, then veered to the River View trail and hung out at the River for a while. Lots of wildlife. wWatch out for rattlers, but don't let that deter you. Finish it with a visit to the wonderful Effie Yeaw Nature Center, and you've got yourself a fabulous morning!

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Great trail! & People friendly atmosphere.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Great nature trail.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Nice walking trails and easy for kids.

Friday, April 07, 2017

Great trails to take a small child. We saw a ton of deer and turkeys.