Edison Trail

Edison Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Glendale, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Gorgeous sunrise hike. Parked on La Tuna Cyn at 6:15am. The entire hike took about 2 hours. I was the only one on this trail the entire time, but many others were using the trail that forks off to the right. I didn’t stop to see what the name of that trail was, but I prefer less people anyway so I’ll stick to this one. There were a bunch of bee hive boxes on pallets early on alongside the trail. No swarm of bees whatsoever around the boxes - only saw one flying around. Beautiful regardless of some plant life that is still charred from the Fall fires. I suggest wearing your boots - there are some pretty rough sandy inclines/declines that made me glad I had mine on.

This is a quick hike with a nice incline of 500 ft in a mile. It is a fire road, so the trail is fairly flat and very wide, making it a nice walk and talk trail. My concern for this hike is that if you do the loop, it seems to traverse through someone’s private driveway as you go through the gate exiting Edison Fire Road. I am not quite sure of the legality of this piece of the hike. You travel city streets for the last .3 Miles to get back to your car. To do it again, I would either turn back at the top, or do the hike to the gate, then head back and make it a 4 mile out and back.

It is mostly sun-exposed, but does offer shady reprieves. There a beautiful sweeping views of La Crescenta, La Canada, and over the 2 Freeway into Glendale. If you live nearby, it is a fun little hike. I wouldn’t travel here to do it as there are much better options out there.