Edison Point Trail

Edison Point Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sanger, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Recommend starting at the left entrance. Not too difficult but a good challenge if you aren't used to hiking. Mountain biking is allowed but can become very difficult with the steep curves and the vegetation.

After the rain the trail is muddy, has many fallen trees, and cow manure is everywhere.

the scenery was pretty but the trail was boring and not worth the drive. it goes from a good wide trail then narrows to a very narrow and hard to walk trail that is practically covered with prickly plants

I was torn between 3 and 4 stars. The views were great and the trail is challenging enough to be a mild workout, but as others have said, it's very overgrown and difficult to walk on. if you had light pants it might be ok, but in shorts, ouch! I can deal with that part, but what annoyed me is the trail really is incomplete. I looked all around and could not find the start of the loop back, so I had to backtrack instead. Not the best trail but the views of the lake are lovely.

Not well maintained. Couldn't do the whole thing because the trail was not clearly marked. Could have been a really nice trail if it was kept better.

My dogs love this hike down to the lake for a swim. Several spur trails made by fisherpeeps and bovine. There are some pretty great views of Pine Flat Lake, as well as a bench about half way in to enjoy a break. This could be a good place to train for some backpacking outings because there is some decent elevation loss and gain during this out and back; mostly over long switchbacks, but there is a section that sometimes has a rope installed for ease of use, as the grade is not friendly. Watch for cowpies! Bass on p.w.'s.....

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Friday, September 09, 2016

The trail is not maintained at all. It is very overgrown. Trails start and stop in many areas which makes it hard to know where you are going. Beautiful view of the lake from above. More of a rest stop. I would not recommended walking the trail.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Not maintained but wonderful in the spring with tons of wildflowers.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Second half of the trail completely gone. I do not recommend going on this trail.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

The trail was really overgrown. I had to wing-it quite a bit. I don't mind going "off the beaten path," but it was tricky at times because I didn't know where I was stepping. Some really nice views, but I think it would have been a better experience if the trail was maintained.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Wish I would've taken a machete, it was very poorly maintained.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Friday, April 01, 2016

Trail was not maintained so we had to back track a couple of times. Some slopes had grass that was laying flat which made difficult to descend- glad we went up hill first because if we had traveled it the other direction we would not have been able to make it up those slopes. Trail needs some maintenance in order to be considered easy- over growth made thing more difficult- recommend the rating chafed to moderate. That said great views, tons of wild flowers n butterflies- this is a great time of year to go.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Beautiful mountains, and fantastic trails. Parking near the end of the reservoir near the river connected to it is great. A lot of awesome sights.