Edison Point Trail

Edison Point Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sanger, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Recommend starting at the left entrance. Not too difficult but a good challenge if you aren't used to hiking. Mountain biking is allowed but can become very difficult with the steep curves and the vegetation.

Beautiful setting but Trail is not well maintained. Fallen trees and overgrowth causes one to depend on their sense of direction. Also not a great trail for dogs. Lots of high grass, fox tails and ticks. Never been bit but the dogs have had several :(

As the two star rating says, “Meh” and that’s about it.

Don’t bring your dog on this hike!!! Foxtails everywhere! I had to carry my dog the entire time. Also, the trail is very narrow and there was trees that covered the trail in case you lose it.

After the rain the trail is muddy, has many fallen trees, and cow manure is everywhere.

the scenery was pretty but the trail was boring and not worth the drive. it goes from a good wide trail then narrows to a very narrow and hard to walk trail that is practically covered with prickly plants

I was torn between 3 and 4 stars. The views were great and the trail is challenging enough to be a mild workout, but as others have said, it's very overgrown and difficult to walk on. if you had light pants it might be ok, but in shorts, ouch! I can deal with that part, but what annoyed me is the trail really is incomplete. I looked all around and could not find the start of the loop back, so I had to backtrack instead. Not the best trail but the views of the lake are lovely.

Not well maintained. Couldn't do the whole thing because the trail was not clearly marked. Could have been a really nice trail if it was kept better.

My dogs love this hike down to the lake for a swim. Several spur trails made by fisherpeeps and bovine. There are some pretty great views of Pine Flat Lake, as well as a bench about half way in to enjoy a break. This could be a good place to train for some backpacking outings because there is some decent elevation loss and gain during this out and back; mostly over long switchbacks, but there is a section that sometimes has a rope installed for ease of use, as the grade is not friendly. Watch for cowpies! Bass on p.w.'s.....

Friday, September 09, 2016

The trail is not maintained at all. It is very overgrown. Trails start and stop in many areas which makes it hard to know where you are going. Beautiful view of the lake from above. More of a rest stop. I would not recommended walking the trail.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Not maintained but wonderful in the spring with tons of wildflowers.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Second half of the trail completely gone. I do not recommend going on this trail.

Monday, April 18, 2016

The trail was really overgrown. I had to wing-it quite a bit. I don't mind going "off the beaten path," but it was tricky at times because I didn't know where I was stepping. Some really nice views, but I think it would have been a better experience if the trail was maintained.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Wish I would've taken a machete, it was very poorly maintained.

Friday, April 01, 2016

Trail was not maintained so we had to back track a couple of times. Some slopes had grass that was laying flat which made difficult to descend- glad we went up hill first because if we had traveled it the other direction we would not have been able to make it up those slopes. Trail needs some maintenance in order to be considered easy- over growth made thing more difficult- recommend the rating chafed to moderate. That said great views, tons of wild flowers n butterflies- this is a great time of year to go.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Beautiful mountains, and fantastic trails. Parking near the end of the reservoir near the river connected to it is great. A lot of awesome sights.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Beautiful views and a great hike for a family.

Thursday, April 09, 2015

My daughter and I hiked this trail and had a great time. Only passed a couple with their dog right at the beginning otherwise no other hikers. The grass is very tall so keep an eye out for the snakes.

Saturday, April 04, 2015

Hiked on 4/4/2015, great day and no one else on the trail which is kind of nice at times. Started from the left entrance as a previous review mentioned to do. Trail has a lot of overgrown grass but the trail itself is still easy to follow, consider wearing pants to avoid getting your legs all brushed up. There are a couple trees down on the trail which made things slightly difficult carrying a 7 month old in a backpack, but other than that good hike with the dogs.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Visited this trail in mid December of 2013. Weather was good, around 68 degrees. Enjoyed some great views and took some good photos. There are a couple benches along the trail with nice vistas. Really enjoyed this trail.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

We went on this trail yesterday (last weekend in March 13') and it was beautiful weather. The flowers were blooming and the sun was shining. The trail itself was easy but there are some steep places were u need to slowly go down a hill or work a lil hard to climb up. The bad thing about this trail...cows. There were TONS of cow pies. And one of my dogs managed to roll all in it. But all in all it was a nice trail that got my boyfriend and I's heart rate going in a few places.