Echo Pass and Inyo Mine OHV Loop [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(10)
Death Valley National Park

Echo Pass and Inyo Mine OHV Loop is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Death Valley, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for ohv/off road driving and is best used from November until March.

Distance: 7.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,302 feet Route Type: Loop

ohv / off road driving

closed

historic site

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure due to COVID-19. Please see the open trails nearby for alternate hiking options.

Drove my 4RUNNER TRD Off Road with 2” front leveling out and around the loop. I did not see the mine or eye of needle. I don’t think I would have made it over many of the obstacles without the few extra inches of lift in the front from the leveling kit. My new Nitto Terra Grapplers helped a lot.

Fri Nov 23 2018

Was a nice trail for the most part it was pretty easy with my 4runner with a 3" lift and 33" ko2 tires. Their was a gate keeper to the loop which is right before this trail starts. But we took our time and made it up Pick a good line And the more clearance you have the easier you will have. Fun day

Sat Nov 10 2018

Your passenger car (or Subaru) will NOT make it through here. Your stock SUV may not make it through here. There is one legit rock wall to climb over that you need a lot of ground clearance and good tires to provide traction.

Fri Jun 03 2016

This was a fun 4x4 drive to take my Jeep on. The road is not easy to spot from the main paved road, hence it is not well traveled and if you do encounter anyone else along the way, they are likely doing the same thing you are. Plenty of solitude with cool rock formations to look at along the way. The road is a bit rocky in a few spots but not anything extreme or crazy. Exploring the Inyo Mine ghost town way out there was pretty cool too. Fun drive :)

Thu Mar 12 2015

Fairly easy. One tough section for a bit of crawling. Made it up and over in our Tacoma.

Mon Apr 08 2013

Eye of the Needle and Inyo Mine well worth the 4 wheel drive.

Sun Jan 06 2019