Echo Lakes Trail

Echo Lakes Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near South Lake Tahoe, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

About 3.5 hours out and back

Beautiful views. Very flat most of the way—not a tough hike. You’re just walking along the lake.

Went the second weekend in November. Perfect weather. There was some snow along the trail in higher elevations but it was still a very a nice, easy hike. Beautiful views. We only saw 1 other person on the way up (around 8 am) then didn’t see anyone for the rest of the morning. On the way back down (around noon) we encountered several people making their way up but it was spaced out enough to not be an issue. It was quiet and peaceful. Parking was no issue in the morning. Will definitely be doing this again

Beautiful views. You pass a lot of small cabins along the way so it is not a completely off the grid trail

My husband and I did a short hike on this trail as we were leaving the South Tahoe area. We just did a leisurely 3 mile out and back. The views were lovely and the trail mostly flat. The weather was in the cooler side and a bit windy, but not too bad. This was my first time on the PCT and I hope to visit it again.

Well maintained beautiful hike. Beautiful views.

Such a beautiful place ! The trail was challenging as I am not in the same condition but I still completed it slowly but surly started the hike @ echo lake @10:30am and headed to lake aloha ended back at the parking by 7:09pm super sore but worth it !

The bad new I lost my black and gold Ray bans on my way down :(

great terrain, absolutely beautiful views the entire hike.

Perfect day packing trip. amazing views throughout hike and the trail is nicely groomed.

Took this trail in the late afternoon to the fork between the two lakes, pretty level the whole way, but easy to get off the path. Nice cabins you can view along the way.

Today is the perfect day for hiking, sunny and cool enough. Everything just is perfect.