Eaton Canyon Falls Short Hike

Eaton Canyon Falls Short Hike is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pasadena, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until September.

It was short, easy hike with beautiful scenery. I thought the waterfall was going to be larger, but it was a great relief. Everyone traveling to it seemed to have the need to bath in it!!!

Crowded. Graffiti. Wanted to see what all the hubbub was about this place and was right: There is hubbub and therefore too many people. Probably won’t go again, but the canyon was pretty enough and I made sure to stop by the nature center on the way out of the area which was informative and lovely.

Loved this hike! My friend and I were visiting come out of town and knew we wanted to do a hike to a waterfall. The hike was a good choice for us as we are older and not in the best of shape. There was plenty of shade, it wasn’t very steep and offered just enough challenge for us to make it fun and not boring. It was a bit hot (record breaking temps from what we were told) so the waterfall at the end was a nice refreshing treat. We went on a Thursday and was surprised to see how crowded it was during the week. Once we got to the fall there were a lot of people in the pool and under the fall. All in All I really enjoyed this hike and would certainly do it again.

Easy hike, shaded and so still good to do on hot days. Saw a couple of snakes but not the rattle kind. Waterfall is refreshing.

Lovely hike but beware of rattlesnakes seen two on this trail on two separate occasions...

Fun hike with a busy stream, several waterfalls (maybe more than usual due to the extra rain we've gotten this year?), various terrain, street parking. Starts off with steep-ish fire road descent, crosses a bridge, down a dirt path, then along the creek bottom to the big waterfall at the end. Lots of rock-hopping creek crossings and climbing over/around rocks. Out and back type of trail, so everything in reverse, including the steep-ish ascent back up at the end. We went on a Sunday afternoon and it was very busy with people of all ages (little kids to seniors) and several dogs. Should be ok for everyone if you take your time. This was my first hike and it was a little challenging in places, but in a good way.

Thursday, July 20, 2017