East Ridge Trail to West Ridge Trail Loop from Skyline Blvd

East Ridge Trail to West Ridge Trail Loop from Skyline Blvd is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Canyon, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This loop trail explores the beauty of Redwood Regional Park. Connect the West Ridge trail to the East Ridge trail for a nice loop.

It was tough mountain biking for me. Overall, refreshing. I couldn't ride my bike through the loop.

Long, but relatively easy hike. There is a down and up at the midway point when you cross over. It took me a little over two hours to complete, but I have some long legs.

The "dogs on leash" tag is not accurate as dogs are allowed off leash once you get away from the staging area. You will encounter many dogs off leash on these trails.

In retrospect, I wish I did this on my mountain bike. There is another version of this trail that starts at the redwood gate that I will have to try on my bike. For hiking, French and Stream are much more scenic and interesting.

We did the ~8 mile loop going out on East Ridge Trail and coming back on West Ridge Trail. It's a nice hike with a little of everything: sun and shade, flats and climbs, horizon and forest views. The descent and climb are right in the middle of the hike when you cross the canyon from East Ridge to West Ridge and the rest of the hike is pretty flat. It's a wide dirt trail with lots of traffic (bikes, dogs, horses) so not the most secluded hike. It's not easy because of the length and climbing section but is pretty accessible in that anyone with a moderate fitness level should be fine.

It's a nice loop trail but there are much better options within Redwood. There are several single tracts up and down the sides that I would combine with one or part of the ridge trail. It also connects with good trails on both ends. I've down Redwood to Chabot and it's sweet to get away from most of the people...

I don't know why it is called the Westridge Trail Loop. I would call it Eastridge Trail Loop. I actually hiked this loop starting from the East Ridge Trail, continued on to the Prince Trail, then Stream Trail, Tres Sendas Trail and then back to the parking lot for a total distance of 4.2 miles and elevation of 653 ft. It was an easy hike on a Saturday afternoon. I enjoyed it.