East Ridge Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Guerneville, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,847 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great Trail. I haven’t been on a hike in awhile. I am new to the area. I took the Pioneer trail first then decided to go on the East Trail. Steep, I was huffing and puffing. This is giving me motivation to get in better shape. Get there early if you want to park at the entrance otherwise if you drive up you can park, not sure how much it is to park

Mushroom heaven.

Wed Dec 12 2018

Really enjoyed this hike. We started in the grove in the Pioneer Trail and hiked to the picnic area where we picked up the East Ridge. Lots of ups and down on this trail. Good workout. Views would have been better but there was a lot of clouds and mist the day we went. Do this one!

Mon Oct 01 2018

Trail is moderate and pretty. I didn’t think it was probably marked and I lost my way a few times. Ended up taking Armstrong Woods Road down the Pioneer Trail because I couldn’t figure out where the trail picked up again.

Sun Jul 15 2018

Great hike, but definitely more strenuous than this site indicates.

Thu Apr 05 2018

Like others have mentioned, this trail is definitely more moderate than easy but it's such a beautiful hike. You can take your time and really soak the redwoods in while you catch your breath ;)

Thu Aug 31 2017

Beautiful hike, but more moderate than easy. Starting from the visitors center, the hike up the ridge is steep. Left my poles in the car and wish I had them several times. We went to the falls which was barely running but still beautiful. We hiked the nature trail that goes through the redwoods.

Mon Aug 28 2017

Not an easy hike with over 2,000 ft elevation gain.

Sat Jun 17 2017

My husband and I are novice hikers so we thought this trail was more moderate (even difficult at times) than easy. However, I can see where an experienced hiker would find it to be easier than we did.

Fri Nov 06 2015

Amazing! Be careful of roots in the pathway, ouch!

recorded East Ridge Trail