Earl Henderson Trail

Earl Henderson Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Palm Springs, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Pretty and easy hike.

What a great easy to moderate hike. We missed the trailhead so we walked along the wash / sandy trail until we picked it up for the return. Beautiful spot. My 77 year old mother did it with me.

You totally do not walk through a "dusty river bed". The previous person clearly chose the wrong trail. Furthermore there is no dusty river bed. It is a WASH. Quite different. Give this trail a try. It is well worth it. It is best to stay to the right when choosing a trail. Stay on an upward trajectory. This will keep you out of the WASH.

It’s a good hike but it’s definitely not well marked and you have to walk through a dusty river bed to get to the good part! I think I rather stick with Lykken Trail it’s more challenging and less dusty!

Easy and full of wildlife.

Friday, January 27, 2017

One of the easier trails to do. It doesn't climb too high. The beginning is a little confusing and not well marked as it gets washed out. it crosses the road before heading up the hill.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Trail was difficult to find because no signs at all from the road. Finally had to use the map and park on side of road next to what looked like a trail. Despite being surrounded by private property, the path took us up to the trail. We ended up peeling off to the Shannon trail that took us up to the top with some great views. I recommend the trail but give yourself extra time to find it.

Friday, January 01, 2016