Dusky-Footed Woodrat and Cordilleras Trails

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(558)
Pulgas Ridge Open Space Preserve

Dusky-Footed Woodrat and Cordilleras Trails is a 3.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Redwood City, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.6 miles Elevation Gain: 695 feet Route Type: Loop

Great trail, beautiful trees. Be ready for a lot of bicycles. I visited on weekend and parking was closed.

Some shades with breeze

bridge out

It's a pleasant trail. if you start at the right side entrance of the parking lot, facing the mountain, the walk up is mostly shaded. The walk down is uncovered for the most part, and with pleasant views of nearby houses and the forest preserve. It's not a total escape from urbanization, as you can see and hear the road from part of the trail. However, it's still pleasant and well maintained.

Don’t do this hike when it’s hot! There is not much shade at the top and we jogged lots of the way down so we wouldn’t get sunburned. Amazing views. Lots of lizards and bugs. Very dry.

Absolutely loved it. Some sun, some shade. You go up a bit, think you’re at the top, take a pic, then head down...but wait! You go up again! Don’t be fooled. Ha ha! Have fun my fellow hikers.

A quick hike with shade and sunshine at some parts and this is what I needed. Will come back again. ^_^

This is a really nice well maintained trail with a steady incline and good views from the top. There are also a good variety of wildflowers in the spring.

Nice trail that is one way at the moment for COVID19. It wasn’t too busy and parking was manageable. Other hikers were respectful of distance. Also saw some goats doing a little cleanup! Make sure to bring water because on hot days there are some areas without shade and even in the shade it is pretty warm. Also they’re were lots of bugs in the shady covered areas but it wasn’t unmanageable just a bit bothersome.

Good for dog socializing . There are many dogs on trail and a sheep farm.

Nice quiet trail that has some nice views. Lots of plants but surprisingly few bugs, which is great. Seems well kept.

Beautiful trail! The loop is clearly marked at entrance/exit as a one way to support social distancing but not everyone was following the direction. We were going the correct direction but passed so many people at one point coming from the opposite direction we thought we were going the wrong way! I am really grateful these are open again on weekends and hope more people follow the guidelines so we continue to have weekend access under shelter in place.

Ran this trail and it was such a blast. A bit steep going up but coming down hill was super smooth. The trail is nicely groomed and you can easily wear road running shoes for this hike as long as it’s dry. The trail is closed to only going counter clockwise so keep that in mind, but I’d definitely do this again!

Nice trail! It’s open during COVID and they have one way restrictions to ease traffic. It wasn’t too crowded on a weekday afternoon.

Beautiful trail! Had a lot of scenery to offer. Got some good cardio in as well! Nice inclines! Good work out would do trail again!

Very nice incline , my family and i loved it ! Beauty all around ! Easy to take my 7 year old with me !

The gradual elevation gain is worth the views! I would definitely do this again!

Decent trail

perfect combo incline and downhill

Really fun and easy trail!

Go counter clockwise as all the signs say to help with avoiding people on trail!!

It’s a diverse easy trail. We went counter clockwise and there was lots of sun the second half.

This is a great trail! We often combo it with a run then complete again as a hike. Beautiful anytime we go.

Nice chill hike for an hour or two. It’s dog-friendly so we brought our old pup with us. There’s some great views but nowhere to just stop, sit and enjoy the scenery.

Would rate it as easy myself. There were switchbacks but it was a slow easy climb. Great trail for many groups.