Dunham Loop Trail

Dunham Loop Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Murrieta, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail is unmarked and a bit hard to follow. Seeing the Cross at the top was worth the perseverance though!

I’ve been doing a lot of mountain biking and some hiking on this trail a dozen times. You have to take note this trail does not have any trees so don’t expect any shade along the trail. It’s best to do early morning or evening time to avoid heat since it doesn’t have shade.
The map on this trail a shorter one but if you want to do longer one you can do that too at about 2 miles. Once you on the top, it a great 360 degrees view over Murrieta and temecula valley. Also the dotted line on the map is not really a correct way to hike or bike.

Kind of lame.. I couldn’t figure out if I was on the right trail.. and couldn’t figure out if it looped all the way around.. I won’t go back

Trail is not clearly marked. We overcame that by using the App as a guide. Great incline which led to an amazing 360 degree view of Temecula/Murrieta Valley. FYI...No shade and loose powder dirt.

Awesome little hiking spot. Fairly clean considering it’s close proximation to the suburbs. I do this one often because of the steep inclines, it’s great preparation trail for backpacking. No shade at all, but it is only 1.5 miles so don’t plan on being in this trail long.

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Descent trail not difficult, could be lot better if had markings !! Ended up on Murrieta Hot Springs, couldn't find trail.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Good view but not much biking

Thursday, March 02, 2017

We started out as directed by this app then quickly met a main Street with no obvious continuation of the trail. We ended up walking i streets as walking time was limited. Very disappointing. We will not consider this trail again. All other trails on this app are excellent

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Good and fairly quick morning warm up especially if you pedal up starting at Murrieta hot springs Rd. Good work out up hill. Beautiful views of Temecula and Murrieta Valley. Worth the 1 hour round about it takes. Good local spot.

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Easy trail

Saturday, August 27, 2016

I live in the neighborhood. Easy trail to get up and down several times after work. Views of Temecula Valley from high vantage point. Nice to have in backyard, but certainly not worth traveling to. Go to Santa Rosa if you want to hike in Temecula Valley area.

Friday, October 02, 2015

Short, easy trail with good 360 degree view from top of hill of surrounding city and mountains.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Horrible. Rocky. Ugly. Don't bother.

Monday, April 21, 2014

I went looking for this trail, but I ended up in the canyon about half a mile to the west from this trail. that turned out to be an amazing single track that looped back and forth on one side of the canyon until you get to the bottom, then it loops back up the opposite side of the canyon. total, I think it ran about 4 miles. very fun and technical since in some areas, there was big rocks that you can barely fit through. not a lot if climbing either. great trail! I think next time I go, I'll try to add it to this app.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

tons of home made trails, you can't tell where to start and end. if you live near, worth a try. don't drive to far, it's not worth it.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Found the trail. It was my first time mountain biking. This was a great starter trail minor technical stuff but great for my 4300 trek 26er. Some loose dirt you can slip out on. The back of it is burnt out. All around good trail. 4 stars

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Okay I found the trail and changed the location on the All Trails App. It's at the end of the Central Park Drive cul-de-sac. You'll see it a small service road with a gate. Walk up the service road and you'll see a brick wall. The entrance to the trail is directly behind that little brickwall. I must warn you this is more of a mountain biking trail than a hiking trail I took my dog, we were out in the sun the entire time, And got passed by four mountain bikers. It was not a pretty scenic Trail at all. You're looking at the tops of subdivisions and houses and water towers. Nothing pretty about this one, and bring your bike not your dog!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

DON'T GO. I FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS FROM GOOGLE MAPS THROUGH THE ALLTRAILS APP AND IT LED ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SUBDIVISION?? I COULDN'T FIND ANY TRAILS??

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Multiple trails to choose from moderate to technical. Approximately 25 mountain bikers per day

Saturday, July 08, 2017