Dry Creek Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Roseville, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Makes for a peaceful evening walk along Dry Creek. This is a good dirt trail near a nicely paved bike path. Many people walk their dogs. It is not uncommon to see families with young children along the trail. On occasion, some mountain bikers use the trail as well, but most bicyclists stay on the nearby paved bike path.

Pretty basic walking path. Free parking and bathrooms.

Less than 5 miles total up and back including a loop or 2 in the parking lot. You’re have to cross Walerga to get the entire length. There are BEAR LOCKERS and NO HUNTING signs on the trail. I was a little spooked. After you cross Walerga across the street from the park, it’s secluded, less people present.

Weekend was pretty crowded. first full parking at park parking . main street also full. Good for families and children . Ok.

Love our community trail. We use it for our evening walks and when I was running we'd run the dirt and pavement trails.

Nice trail to take. You can walk/jog on the sidewalk path or on the many dirt trails. nice and peaceful.

Singletrack is really Fun!

love this trail. At times I feel like I am in a big forest.

Didn’t get to finish the trail due to lack of time but from what I saw it is quiet and peaceful. Got to the bridge by the golf course and enjoyed the creek under the bridge. I would do this again. :)

Great and simple trail! I went with a friend, her baby that she carried in a bjorn on her back, her two young daughters that rode their bikes, and Dakota the Dog :-) There is ample parking and it is free. There is a great playground for kids near the parking lot and a very large empty grassy field for dogs to run around on or kids to play soccer. The trail itself is all pavement, but there is a dirt trail that runs parallel with the pavement. The dirt trail is also close to the cool running creek. Everyone on the trail was nice. Dogs all had leashes. I will definitely do this trail again. Great for a running trail!

There’s parking! It’s free! Well used paved path with friendly people- nice little park here too for kickball or baseball-

First trail ride since being in California. Took my 9 year old and she had a blast. Concrete trail is almost entirely flat and great for families. Dirt trails are mellow and pretty narrow at times with high grass. Overall good simple and short ride. Will be back.

This was an awesome trail, first one I've tried using this app and Im so glad! There was so much to see I probably took 100 pictures that all look the same but I couldn't help it! Walking by the water was not even much more difficult than the paved path, but both offered really great views. Loved the river, different trees and plants and of course all of the wild flowers! I would definitely recommend this trail to anyone of any level of hiking experience, but there were plenty of dogs off leash so be careful bringing your dog if that would be a problem.

I love this place. One of my favorites. There are two trails: one that's paved and one that's natural that goes through the woods by the creek. I love that I can choose either one - depending on how I feel. You can see wild turkeys and critters here and there. It's also fairly populated, but I love it.

This is a nice trail, but I really don't see how it's rated 'moderate'. It's flat and the entire length is paved. It's completely stroller and wheelchair friendly. Sure, there are side dirt trails that go down to the creek and so on... and those are going to be a bit more difficult... but the main trail is very easy.

Good amount of tree cover for sunny days too.

Was a perfect trail to see how my pup would behave on a trail, and a great reintroduction for me after being out for a few hiking seasons. It is well populated on a nice day, so if you are looking for solitude this one might not be for you, but I found it to be just right for a Sunday morning jaunt.

Nice trail!!

Love this walk, it's easy and so much to see. I've seen turkeys, deer, and coyotes.

Good trail for a family stroll. There's even a playground by the parking lot for the kids and tennis too.

A nice beginners trail for mountain biking. A short out-and-back that’s mostly flat. Recommended for novices like me.

Great trail for a variety of abilities. Creek and tree cover help keep trail cool. Pretty/colorful in Fall.

Good off path trails for running or hiking!

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Lots of friendly people and dogs to sniff. My only complaint is too many humans don’t clean up dog poop so I stop frequently to sniff all the poop. The bike trail is easy while the dirt paths have a lot of options that are more moderate.

Friday, September 29, 2017

This is an excellent trail for beginners or experienced folks who just need to knock out a quick 1 hour hike or trail run during the week. It has several options and can be as challenging or tame as you want.
The hiking trails follow parallel to a paved bike trail. There is a smooth, flat dirt trail that is closest to the paved trail...this is the easier of the two. But if you take one of the many auxiliary trails that head towards the creek, there is another more difficult and technical trail that runs along the creek. Lots of log crossings from downed trees, many short and steep downhill/uphill sections, and tons of obstacles to clear. Both dirt trails are far enough away from the paved trail, and the tree cover is so dense, there's an excellent canopy effect. You really forget you're hiking a half mile from a Rite Aid. This is a great all around trail and I usually try to hit it twice a week.

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Excellent park that winds through all sorts of shrubs and trees with many many many small beaches along the creek. A beautiful trail right in the city limits of Sacramento/Roseville. Lots of wildlife (deer, snakes, birds, beavers, squirrels, etc.) and pokey vines so wear pants! Very doable for all ages.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Peaceful. Liked the sounds of the Creek.

Friday, September 22, 2017

Great running and walking hike

Saturday, September 09, 2017

Convenient parking in parking lot. We took the dirt trail which was mostly shaded. Had to make some choices along the way on dirt path. Some minor up and down and stepping over some fallen trees or roots. Nice creek with some places to just stop and enjoy. Next time will bring a few towels and let the kids mess around in the creek. It was only calf high. Good for a close, easy walk.

Thursday, September 07, 2017

Hiking/ bike trail on one side, paved walking path on the other, good for stroller.
Has playground and basketball / tennis.
Good shade on dirt path, but none on paved.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Nice little beach coves. Water slow great time.