Dry Creek Trail is a 3.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Roseville, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.5 miles Elevation Gain: 42 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Makes for a peaceful evening walk along Dry Creek. This is a good dirt trail near a nicely paved bike path. Many people walk their dogs. It is not uncommon to see families with young children along the trail. On occasion, some mountain bikers use the trail as well, but most bicyclists stay on the nearby paved bike path.

Amazing find with no homeless and minimal trash so close to Sacramento. Numerous spots along the creek to cool off. Great trail for kids, dogs, and bikes.

Simple and easy paved walk. Just not much scenery compared to other trials but is dog friendly

This review is for the dry Creek Trail Rio Linda California. I think some reviews are for the wrong trail. This dry Creek Trail is not good at all. It is not much of a trail and crowded with homeless cats and hard to follow. Not recommended or worth your time. The paved trail nearby is not too bad but not very scenic.

Great trail, but needs signs/reminders of which side to walk and bike on, so many people lately, hard to run through.

Nearby trail. Parking situation isn’t the best. Always packed and make sure not to leave valuable items in your car.

it's easy, but careful parking your vehicle. I walked this trail for about 20 minutes. came back to my window busted out and my things rummaged through.

I enjoy this trail. There are a lot runners/joggers as well as bicyclists and dog walkers. It’s safe and runs alongside a creek and golf course.

Nice afternoon walk with the dog. Not really a hike. This trail can easily be done in running shoes. Walked most of the way out along the creek, came back primarily by the bike path. Light traffic. An easy walk close to home.

Nice park with a lot of potential! However, when going along the actual creek it's riddled with garbage, and old clothes. There's a huge homeless population at the park. It's nice and can have a great time if you're not expecting luxury.

Easy off trail ride for mountain bikes. Could get stuck in a few sandy spots if you run by the creek. Kid friendly.

Great trail for teaching my little guy the rules for hiking and respecting nature.

cute little trail attached to a bike/cart parkway.

This was my first ever mountain bike experience and it was absolutely wonderful. It was so much fun. Lots of fun for my boyfriend tooto who is at the level of a moderate rider. There was pavement that we could go on and tons of off-road trails that we could explore on as well. Fun down hills and up hills. Very Flowy. Some homeless shelters on the side by the water but really not a big deal. Beautiful, shady, perfect day. I will come back again. The paved areas are a great place for kids to learn how to ride their bikes too.

Good easy Trail for biking hiking or running along dry creek. We didn't venture down to the creek because there were a few encampments near the water and it was hard to tell where we could take the kids safely. Lots of dogs on leashes as well.

The trail is nice, flat, and shaded. The trail is mostly separate from the bike path. There is easy access to the creek along the trail; however, I let my dogs swim in the creek and then they got diarrhea so I won’t be letting them swim there again.

Just ran the pavement. Will try trail next time.

I love walking by the creek and taking pictures. It's very pretty and feels safe.

Pretty fun to mess around. Nothing serious but a good way to kill an hour or so

Love this trail. The dirt part is such a fun little mountain bike trail. Very easy but so lovely thru the trees and creek.

Tue Apr 16 2019

Had a bunch of small caterpillars on my shirt but overall the trail is super smooth and perfect for a little cruise on a mtb

Sun Mar 17 2019

the park offered many walking options to choose from, kids and runners were up on the flat road near the trail and we took the hiking trail nearest to the water. there were many places to walk close to the water and to go back to the road. 90% of the time it felt like we were walking in the woods and it was beautiful. We picked a spot by the water to sit and have lunch. It's a pretty popular trail, but you wouldn't know it because of the many different side paths you can take.

Sun Mar 10 2019

I have gone here a few times for my morning jog and it has been very pleasant every time. The people I encounter are very friendly. Nicely paved and dirt alongside if you choose. Very nice relaxing environment and beautiful scenery. Just wish it would have been a little bit longer of a trail but there are areas you can go off a little to extend.

Sat Jan 19 2019

Loved the trail, lots of foot traffic, polite bikers, children, dogs, fun for the whole family. Best thing, no ticks!!!!:-)

Thu Dec 27 2018

Nice run from Cook Riolo to Walerga and back. Trail is in good shape. Everyone on the trail was very friendly.

Mon Oct 15 2018

Pretty basic walking path. Free parking and bathrooms.

Tue Oct 02 2018

Less than 5 miles total up and back including a loop or 2 in the parking lot. You’re have to cross Walerga to get the entire length. There are BEAR LOCKERS and NO HUNTING signs on the trail. I was a little spooked. After you cross Walerga across the street from the park, it’s secluded, less people present.

Sun Sep 16 2018

Weekend was pretty crowded. first full parking at park parking . main street also full. Good for families and children . Ok.

Sun Aug 26 2018

Love our community trail. We use it for our evening walks and when I was running we'd run the dirt and pavement trails.