Dry Creek Trail is a 8.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Modesto, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.8 miles Elevation Gain: 291 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

From out of town on Interstate 99 exit east on Briggsmore Ave, turn south on Oakdale Road, continue beyond Scenic Ave where Oakdale Road turns into El Vista Ave. and take the next right turn on Edgebrook Dr, continue to the right turn entrance into Dry Creek Regional Park.

Beautiful scenery walk.

A very nice ride for a Saturday afternoon.

I love this trail. Fun for walks and bikes as well.

flat paved trail

Nice trail in town

I liked it!! It is quiet and clean!

Been my park all my life. The trail was fun to ride on our bikes as kids. You Hop on near Johansen High and come out in the LaLoma area. There is a long stretch that is not shaded, so in summer take an umbrella. Fun hills to ride down on the bikes. Lately, 3-13-4-13 everytime I drive by, it has been packed looking. Tons of squirrels.

Amazing trail! As of 4/11 the trail is open. Way more cows than people.

Warning! My car and several other cars were broken into at the entrance suggested by all trails. Park on scenic and Oakdale for safer parking

Has a great Disc Golf course. My favorite in Modesto.

I recommend the small off road trail if you prefer a good workout.

OK spot to run, bike or walk. I prefer feeling like I am really out in nature without a whole lot of people around. Good for a daytime jaunt when I don’t have time to go farther out of town.

Great trail for something within a 30 minute drive. It has a nice view and is dog friendly. This trail is good for both mountain and road biking as well. It is busy once it warms up and I can still hear cars and see houses along the way. Which is why I gave it a 4 star review.

I always forget how much I enjoy this trail. Tons of oak and eucalyptus trees and the creek isn't always dry.

I love this trail. Each season is so beautiful. Yes, you will run across an occasional homeless person, but no more than you would in any city in California right now. There is sometimes trash, so I always carry trashbags and a glove with me. Try to pack out everything I see. I stick to the dirt trails because I walk my dog off leash and don’t want to bother cyclists and other pedestrians. I never feel unsafe.

I try to ride this trail 2x a week. It’s close and you feel like you are not in the city (most of the time) It has easy to complex (climbs if you are not prepared) mountain bike trails.

I made this into an out-and-back. See my previous review for comments.

Trail is basically a bike path with some single track dirt along 90% of it. The creek is pretty but it is also a place that many homeless people decide to make camp. There is garbage and graffiti and other town crap throughout, so you are constantly being reminded of where you really are. iOt feels safe though, and there are a lot of pretty views, some small parks, and a golf course along the way. Families can be seen strolling up and down the bike paths so it's generally a nice place but you just don't want to plan on spending too much time off the path.

I rated this trail as a 4 as I would definitely come back regularly. I’ll be honest that some of the reviews raising concerns about safety and the homeless initially gave me some pause. However in my experience I didn’t feel unsafe despite yes, seeing evidence that folks are living further down the ravine in off trail areas. This is a great trail to visit if you live in the area and are looking to bike, walk (with a dog), or cycle. Quite a bit of cordiality as well as most folks greeted me or acknowledged my presence when walking by. There were a few off leash dogs but they didn’t come near me or my dog. In the future I might bring pepper spray or a baton in case less friendly dogs are around. There were a surprising number of disc golfers around using strollers to cart their discs and equipment around. They were pretty darn serious about it too. I will definitely add this trail to my regular exercise regimen.

Sat May 04 2019

I took my bike during the day and there was moderate traffic. It was very scenic, beautiful.....lots to look at. There is some shade but not all of it. I didn't see too many homeless but not all homeless people are bad! I have heard it can be pretty dangerous on this trail though ..so be careful! overall it was a very chill day!!

Fri Apr 26 2019

Sat Apr 20 2019

Not much of a hike. More of a bikers & joggers trail. also more of a ditch and not a river. Looks like sewer water honestly lol. Too many fox tails for dogs to be around. Moderate to high traffic. Lots of homeless people between bridges and walking around on the trail. Not much of a view but we did see a snake on the trail.

Sat Apr 20 2019

Very Nice Long Walk next to the river!

Sat Apr 20 2019

Good easy Trail training along the creek.

Mon Apr 08 2019

You can't bike the whole loop. The second part of the loop is badly kept. Don't try it.

Wed Mar 27 2019

I love the beauty and resiliency of dry creek. It is a peaceful place in Modesto to spend time at. I have been coming here for over 20 years and still find it so beautiful. It's awesome for biking, jogging, walking, or frisbee golf:) It is a bummer to see more trash and garbage discarded without concern than in the past but that seems to be more common in most parks in Modesto. My kids and I are partial to squirrels so walking and watching is so exciting here because it's a squirrel haven:)

Tue Jan 01 2019