Dripping Springs Campground Trail

Dripping Springs Campground Trail is a 13.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Temecula, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Temecula, CA: Travel 11 miles east on Highway 79.

Parking is limited to a small pay-to-park area outside of the campground; however, the trailhead is very easy to find off the main road. The trail itself is very easy to follow and mostly clear of debris. There are a few areas that have low hanging limbs but nothing that prevents completing the trails. Good views and no climbs that I would classify as steep, but there is a good overall elevation gain. Overall it was a great trail. I began hiking just before 10 and finished just before 3. Highly recommend bringing more water than you expect to need as there is no water source along the trail and you can expect nearly continuous sun exposure.

We started at 8h40 in the morning and finished it at 14h20. We took many pauses to drink water and appreciate the view that is amazing during the entire hike. We consider ourselves as "good beginners". It was written that it is difficult and that it takes 8 hours to make it but we think the most difficult part is that it's a long hike with a narrow trail. There is not that much inclinasion.

I honestly didn't make it the entire trail bc I had my dog but the amount that we did go was beautiful especially with the flowers! I heard from some campers that this was the first time in awhile that there was water in the creek! Can't wait to go back and complete the entire trail!!

If you're reasonably fit, this is more like a "6" with 10 being the hardest. The top is a little anti-climatic if you're hoping to end with amazing views. All we found was a sign. But the views are incredible and it's become a favorite.

Fun trail! The only thing is that it's never ending.

This was a nice walk. There is a beautiful stream and at the moment loads of California Poppies on the hillside. I would rate this a 3 or 4 out of 10 for difficulty. Very clear path with few rocks.

went to hike at dripping springs today 3/23/17 with my boyfriend and my 2 dogs and it was absolutely beautiful. very good hike, on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being super easy and 10 being super exhausted after being on it for a little bit, I would give it a 7 1/2. just because it is a 13 mile hike and not necessarily the incline, which there is for sure, but it goes on and on and every part of it is beautiful. Enjoy the hike! Dogs are welcome. Bring lots of water. Kids are welcome for the most part.

Beautiful! The trail is full of poppies
Right now!