Dripping Springs Campground Trail

Dripping Springs Campground Trail is a 13.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Temecula, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Temecula, CA: Travel 11 miles east on Highway 79.

Tough trail, done the full out & back 2x.

5 Stars! Stayed at Campsite then in morning went on hiking trail.. very convenient location to spend the night at.. Hike was absolutlely beautiful!! There were a lot of shady spots! Beautiful views of the lake..and rolling mountains.. very interesting views.. some of dark green mountains some trails with a fall theme.. tons of pretty leaves.. some of the way high yellow grass.. big rocks.. it just kept changing.. loved it!! only downfall is the end of trail... absolutley nothing.. just a spot in the middle of nowhere.. nothing to look at nothing to see... the best parts are when your hiking.. trails are in good condition.. cant wait to do it again!

Hiked in July. Bring lots of water. I carried 6 liters. 2 of the 6 liters ended up on my head, face, body. Well worth it! More like 15 miles round trip when you turn around at the very top. There is a sign post where the Palomar Magee Trails meets the Dripping Springs Trail. It's not a true peak. I thought about continuing the loop to make it a total 19 miles down the Wild Horse Trail, but I didn't want to push my luck for the day. Definitely considering doing an overnighter and camp near the sign posts. I hiked solo and took my time and had an MRE for lunch, so I spent nearly 10 hours on the trail. Certainly not the fastest I can go, but I really had the day to myself. Paid $5 for self parking, probably going to get an adventure pass. I was certainly tired and sore at the end of the day, yet so satisfied!

Good workout. No shade whatsoever so plan the timing accordingly. Early morning for summer time. I believe it does a loop but I caved in after 6 miles in and turned around

If you go in summer have lots and lots of water. Hike starts at Dripping Springs campground. If you don't have a America the Beautiful NPS annual pass you have to pay to park.

Parking is limited to a small pay-to-park area outside of the campground; however, the trailhead is very easy to find off the main road. The trail itself is very easy to follow and mostly clear of debris. There are a few areas that have low hanging limbs but nothing that prevents completing the trails. Good views and no climbs that I would classify as steep, but there is a good overall elevation gain. Overall it was a great trail. I began hiking just before 10 and finished just before 3. Highly recommend bringing more water than you expect to need as there is no water source along the trail and you can expect nearly continuous sun exposure.

We started at 8h40 in the morning and finished it at 14h20. We took many pauses to drink water and appreciate the view that is amazing during the entire hike. We consider ourselves as "good beginners". It was written that it is difficult and that it takes 8 hours to make it but we think the most difficult part is that it's a long hike with a narrow trail. There is not that much inclinasion.

I honestly didn't make it the entire trail bc I had my dog but the amount that we did go was beautiful especially with the flowers! I heard from some campers that this was the first time in awhile that there was water in the creek! Can't wait to go back and complete the entire trail!!

If you're reasonably fit, this is more like a "6" with 10 being the hardest. The top is a little anti-climatic if you're hoping to end with amazing views. All we found was a sign. But the views are incredible and it's become a favorite.