Dripping Cave Hollow Oak Trail is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Laguna Niguel, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

Once you get to the Dripping Cave Trail, you'll find one of the prettiest spots in Aliso & Wood Canyons. Stop at the cave and read the story! It's fascinating. Lots of rabbits, quail, and deer in the area. Bring sunscreen in the summer, there is limited shade.

Is a nice hike, but you need to watch for bikers

XtwsyBxjeh

Nice easy trail to follow.....TRAIL closed when you reach the turn to go to the dripping cave due to regrowth from fire. So unable to finish the last .4 miles. Tons of rabbits and a nice cool creek to splash your face if you get hot

Enjoyable, easy walk with great views.

Great Hike

Perfect for getting into reality with a toddler and a stroller. Mellow, beautiful, relaxing. Kiddo loves the bunnies and duckies at dusk. Coming back for the cave...

This is a great place for bringing family to do leisurely walks or biking. Beautiful views, especially as sunset approaches. Paved road located in center of this valley for biking/jogging/walking with houses scattered all along the tops of the hills. More of a weekend location to take the kids for leisurely fun than for hiking.

What a great trail! Great views!

Awesome near dusk. Lots of deer and great for all ages of our kiddos .

It takes 1.5 walking in a concrete road to actually get in the trail. Lots of mountain bikes.

A good trail, great for beginners as the ascent is easy and not steep. My cousins live right above this canyon so this is a regular for a lot of our family. It’s not my favorite but it’s not my least favorite either.
The reason I gave it 3 stars is that it takes a lot of the fun out of it when you constantly have the mountain bikers sneaking up on you and small kids. Little ones are just all over the place and it makes hiking a lot more work than it needs to when you share trails with different activities. I am sure the mountain bikers feel the same about the hikers, especially the kids.

I loved this hike! I hiked it with my 9 and 10 year-old kids who also loved it. It was a bit long though...took us 2.5 hours of leisurely hiking. Instead of walking up Awma Road and then onto Aliso Creek trail I’d recommend heading to the left (behind the parking lot) following the stoney path to the left. This path leads to a creek crossing and has a lot of trees and greenery (it’s very picturesque) and leads to Aliso Creek Trail East which is not paved so a bit more of a hike compared to the Aliso Creek Trail. It then intersects with Aliso Creek Trail.

Beautiful hike in the Aliso wilderness.

Enjoyed beautiful nature. Relaxing, feeling fresh air.

Monday, October 02, 2017

Fun but that car wreck trail was not easy
After I finished I saw that part was rated as difficult
Beautiful tho!

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Killed it

Sunday, July 23, 2017

I was really looking forward for the creek but it was very small and u really could access it.. it's just there to look at.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

So beautiful and historical !must hike for anyone

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The trail is not well marked so we got lost but otherwise it's an easy flat trail. We ended up hiking for the total of almost 11 miles, thank God it wasn't hot but cool nice weather the whole time we hiked.

Friday, June 09, 2017

DONE! ; )

Monday, June 05, 2017

It was a good hiking trail but it is a long distance trail to get to Dripping Cave ( 7.5 miles of walking) . The map was not really helpful... it took us 3.5 hours to complete the trail since we have to stop many times for breaks n water ( we have kids with us) . The weather could get warm and dry so bring water bottles n fruit for snack is a plus ... to keep you hydrated. The cave is nice n many shades around . Beside We did hiked up to Cave rock which was more challenges but the view was worth it to be on top of the rock to see the canyon ...

Friday, May 05, 2017

Nice

Friday, May 05, 2017

The trail is very well kept up. Decided to make the trip into a loop around the top rim of the canyon. Overall was fun. Pretty easy. Bring water.

Thursday, April 06, 2017

If you want to feel like you're getting away this is not it. Houses surround you. This is outdoor exercise on a well beaten path. Dripping Cave is cool but 1 1/2 miles of walking on an asphalt road? Not cool.

Monday, April 03, 2017

We went around 3:00 pm and not many people were there. It was $3.00 for parking. Found a spot right away in the shade. It was a nice hike. No water at Dripping Cave right now. Lots of bikers. Very nice hike. :)

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Dripping Cave was nice, a great place to take pictures.
There are so many trails you can pick from on this hike. I did see some strollers on the main trail. School age Kids will do fine.
Not to difficult, if you have good endurance you will be fine.
Take at least 2, 16 oz waters
Some poised oak, just stay on the trails and you will be fine
Many bikers on this hike.
Parking sucks, residential area.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Lots of fun!!! Beautiful views.

Great hike!

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

very easy walk to the cave, not much elevation! Go there around 3pm to avoid crowds.. partially shaded! Beautiful wild flowers blooming last Saturday (3/25/17)