Dragoon Gulch Trail

Dragoon Gulch Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sonora, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice place to walk a pet.

Nice walk
You can choose how far to go
Also has a paved loop

Good but too short!!

Not too bad of a hike, definitely easy going. Scenery is beautiful and well worth it! Went on a cloudy day, but the trees are full of life and color!

Hiked this trail with my senior dog and enjoyed the trip.

Easy family/kid/dog friendly hike. Short but exactly what we were looking for today. Great view of Sonora at the end, and very interesting trees

Monday, August 01, 2016

Easy trail for any and everyone. Also dog friendly which is my favorite part. Its very close to my house and a shorter trail so its a good one to do in the mornings for me. Its right next to a neighborhood so its not out in the middle of no where. I really enjoy this trail

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Great easy hike. I've done it twice! At the top you get a nice look over the city. I think the website says stroller friendly, and the majority of it is, but The last 10 minutes or so would be a little rough with a stroller/wheel chair.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Nice to walk under the shade of the trees during hot sunny days. Especially after 5pm.
My fiancé and I like this short trail!!
Be back soon.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Great trail easy hike great for kids pet friendly

Monday, May 16, 2016

Kid, pet and bike friendly, good for all ages.

There are two parking options for this hike, one near Woods Creek Park (which is nice for families; picnic benches, bathrooms, playground) and one on Alpine Lane. We used the Woods Creek lot and there was a short walk through a quiet neighborhood before reaching the trailhead. There are trail markers on the road to lead you through town. (Apple maps had this listed as Dragon Gulch.)

The hike itself was nice. It was quiet and well wooded with plenty of benches along the way and some great scenic views of the city and surrounding mountains. The paths are wide and gently sloped for the most part. We enjoyed the hike and our young kids managed the paths just fine.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Super relaxing

Monday, January 18, 2016

We got there at 9pm (night hiking it's a lot of fun you should try it. Especially on a full moon) anyways we didn't see the sign that says the gate is supposed to be closed after dark because we got there at 9! If the gate keeper is going to be late they should at least light up that sign so people don't get locked in like we did

Monday, January 18, 2016

Nice, easy trail that's good for everyone especially my dog!

Saturday, December 26, 2015

This was a quick, fun trail with some elevated sections. All together it was easy though. I brought a dog and they had waste stations at the beginning of the trail. They had a lot of benches throughout the walk/hike so you can stop and rest easily enough if need be. It offers a great very of Downtown Sonora too.

All together I'd recommend this to anyone looking for an elevated walk or easy hike.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

This trail isn't very challenging, but the local is so convenient! This hike is hidden in downtown Sonora; its trail head is located at behind Rotary Park. The trail winds through a neighborhood and the goes off pavement at about the half mile mark. There is another way to begin the trail, but I couldn't figure out how to get to that spot. The trail is shaded by Manzanita (beautiful in December) and is a hot spot for the locals on weekends. Dogs are welcome, but must stay on a leash.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Walked this with my friend and his 8 year old son who brought his bicycle. A lot of local people use this for a daily exercise trail because it's right in town. It's a little steep in places but there are occasional benches for resting and it's not too long. The trail is nicely maintained and convenient for Sonora residents.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Did this hike with two girlfriends. We went one direction, then the other, to get to the advertised "strenuous" level... Fun trail. Beautiful manzanita trees and views of Sonora.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Nice mellow walk in the trees with a nice big hill to get the heart pumping.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

We parked in a church parking lot and walked on the white path on the road until we got to the trailhead. It was pretty steep at first but going down was a more level winding path that led right back to the trailhead. Very nice trail with a view of quaint Sonora.