Dragoon Gulch Trail

Dragoon Gulch Trail is a 1.6 mile loop trail located near Sonora, California. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Not too bad of a hike, definitely easy going. Scenery is beautiful and well worth it! Went on a cloudy day, but the trees are full of life and color!

Hiked this trail with my senior dog and enjoyed the trip.

Easy family/kid/dog friendly hike. Short but exactly what we were looking for today. Great view of Sonora at the end, and very interesting trees

Easy trail for any and everyone. Also dog friendly which is my favorite part. Its very close to my house and a shorter trail so its a good one to do in the mornings for me. Its right next to a neighborhood so its not out in the middle of no where. I really enjoy this trail

Great easy hike. I've done it twice! At the top you get a nice look over the city. I think the website says stroller friendly, and the majority of it is, but The last 10 minutes or so would be a little rough with a stroller/wheel chair.

Nice to walk under the shade of the trees during hot sunny days. Especially after 5pm.
My fiancé and I like this short trail!!
Be back soon.

Great trail easy hike great for kids pet friendly

Kid, pet and bike friendly, good for all ages.

There are two parking options for this hike, one near Woods Creek Park (which is nice for families; picnic benches, bathrooms, playground) and one on Alpine Lane. We used the Woods Creek lot and there was a short walk through a quiet neighborhood before reaching the trailhead. There are trail markers on the road to lead you through town. (Apple maps had this listed as Dragon Gulch.)

The hike itself was nice. It was quiet and well wooded with plenty of benches along the way and some great scenic views of the city and surrounding mountains. The paths are wide and gently sloped for the most part. We enjoyed the hike and our young kids managed the paths just fine.

Super relaxing

We got there at 9pm (night hiking it's a lot of fun you should try it. Especially on a full moon) anyways we didn't see the sign that says the gate is supposed to be closed after dark because we got there at 9! If the gate keeper is going to be late they should at least light up that sign so people don't get locked in like we did

Nice, easy trail that's good for everyone especially my dog!