Dragon's Back

Dragon's Back is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Loma Linda, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a trail that starts at Reche Canyon Road or at the end of Ridge.

!!ATTENTION!! the default map of Dragon's Back is not up to date. almost half way through the hike, part of it was fenced out. BUT - there is a detour, but you can imagine the inconvenience of having to trek back a few 100 yards just to take the detour. SO - just be aware of that. I would have recorded my version but it was hot and my mobile phone wasn't cooperating with me and I started having panic attacks thinking i was lost. HNGGGGG! I NEEDED AN ADULT!

PARKING:
lots of space for parking. there's actually two separate lots right next to each other. if they're both filled, you can still park outside the park area.

HIKE:
Ok - here's the thing. There's very very very very VERY little shade on this hike. So gloss up on sunblock and cover as needed. I'm pretty tanned to begin with but i think i just got super burnt. AHOOOOO!

I recommend going pretty early if you're thinking of hiking during the late spring to summer season just to beat the heat. There's plenty of inclines and declines but none too drastic. There's lots of branching trails and bike trails so pay attention to where you're heading (map at the trail head - take a picture of it if you don't want to use the alltrails map.

Lots of lizards. they're actually cute. LOL. there were a handful of people while i was on the hike. a few bikers. 1 dirt biker.

Anyway, the hike is straight forward after you head up beaumont ridge. THE ONLY THING WAS THE DETOUR!

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!

Many lizards. Part of the trail was blocked off due to construction

Fun trail! Although my partner and I got carried away and ended up following a bike trail it was still a lot of fun! Just make sure not to be chatty Kathy’s and get yourself lost and you’ll be right as rain!

Oh, and ‘Dragon’s Back’? More like ‘Lizard’s Back’! HA There was so many cute little lizards!

It is a good trail the way up is a bit iffy but not bad other than that great trail no trash good weather great view and it is a nice easy trail even thou slip and fell on my buttocks.

I love this trail. Great for running or a easy stroll.

Partial Dragon's Back! We started from Hulda Crook's Park. We walked in the valley area then headed up to see the views while hiking. Peaceful, sometimes solitary - just my wife and I, other times a few people and mountain bikers! It's a good hike, close to home. Took the dog with us, too. She enjoyed it!

This trail starts at Hulda Crooks Park - NOT on Reche Road & Scotch Lane. Trail starts near the dog park. Great workout - lots of ups and downs - but no shade. Be prepared.

good walking trail for beginners. the first hill was the most challenging. not many rocks or trees

This place is pretty big with lots trail choices. No shade and lots of wild animal activity (mules, wild boar, Bob cat, dear, etc.). Trail is packed dirt so ok for strollers. It's also full of mountain bicycles so be aware where you walk as they can appear out of nowhere very quickly.

Did as part of Jedi trail. Good rolling hills. Will definitely do it again.

Not a bad hike. Will have to do again in spring when it’s green.

Great trails but watch your step. Lots of poop on trails.

good workout with my dog, lots of dog poop on trail, maybe local coyote?

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Only downside is there's a LOT of dog poop!!

Monday, March 27, 2017

Amazing beautiful hike! The rolling hills are awesome, at the views are great. Saw a couple snakes, a baby rattler. So be mindful of that. Can't wait to do it again, took us about an hour and 25 minutes to do the entire loop, that was at a steady not as fast pace.

Monday, March 27, 2017

very pretty trail. lots of ups and downs and lots of people. easy to get off of the trail.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

amazing trail...loved it!

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Nice trail for photography. Parking is available at your convenience. Well clean but be careful of dog poop!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Great workout! And beautiful views

Thursday, March 02, 2017

This was a great hike . Close to home . Very green right now.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

This trail is absolutely beautiful and peaceful. You can get lost very easily because there are so many different paths you can take. Overall very worth the detore, my friend and I expect to do the 3.6 mile loop and ended up doing 6 miles because we trailed off the wrong path lol.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Great place to take your kids...

Monday, January 30, 2017

Well, this was a startwe hike getting ready for the six pack peal challenge.

Beautiful day after all the rain. Oh, and this was a big reminder of how out if shape I am. Breathing a little heavy and legs ached some. Towards the end it was fine.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Nice hike. Lots of different trails. After all the rain we've been having has made the hills very green. Went on a Wednesday early January 2017. Not too busy at all. Saw about a dozen people.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Did this during the green season definitely something nice to look at while hiking. We ran a lot of it for cardio and got a little lost, but overall this is a great place to sweat it out or have some fun while biking. We did it with my sister in law, 6 year old nice and brother, ended up carrying the little one half way back to the car.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

I hear it's like Scottland during the spring but when I went in november it was nothing special, just some rolling hills and a decent overlook, but not too much fun if you're on foot this is DEFINITELY a bike trail(s). if you go, bring a bike or go when it's green!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Did the trail, it's great easy access to the trail head even if your walking in a canyon the main trail has 2 additional trails that meet up to the main trail the trails have different terrain soft sand rocky and hard surface and if mountain bikes is your thing like me awesome man made and natural jumps big and small even some wood table tops had a great time even if the trail is more than 6 miles round trip it goes farther back great view from the top of the hill. go do it.